Thread: O'Reilly Samba Book (for free)

O'Reilly Samba Book (for free)

Greetings,

Recently i was poking around the Samba site, and i found that they have the full Oreilly book there for anyone to print/download. i figured ehh, why not, so what i have done is compiled all of the chapters and most of the appendexes into one main e-book, and then the Command Appendix i made into its own Command Guide, and same with the Config.

I hope this helps anyone who wants to have a more secure samba. Also - I left the pdf's open so that you can print/do whatever. if anyone wants the .doc versions please let me know.

Enjoy!

[edit] the main book is too big -- i will be moving it to an off-site place where people can download it, i have attached the quick reference guides (Commmand and Config) in its place [/edit]
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

Here is the second attachent as promised (it wouldn't let me attach two files)
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

Mucho Gracias, Senor!
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Banned
    (it wouldn't let me attach two files)

ever heard of zip files ?

and yeah tx penther

O'Reilly is actually pretty good about having some online versions of their books. Here is a link to their site that lists some other free books that you may find interesting:

http://www.oreilly.com/openbook/

Thx dj for the link.

the reason i didn't zip the first two was because then you wouldn't be able to just open them in adobe if you wanted to. however because i was not able to find an acceptable solution to where i could store the other file, i will be creating a 4 part zip and posting it here in this thread (i know it is messy, but o well)

so here it goes:

part 1:

here is part 2, take the .zip extension off so it is just .z01

here is part 3, take the .zip extension off so it is just .z02

here is part 4, take the .zip extension off so it is just .z03

sorry again for having to do this in such a messy fasion