Help with Spybot question

Thread: Help with Spybot question

Help with Spybot question

Several months back using Spybot I removed backweb 137903, which is an HP agent for updating . I recently manually updated my photo software (HP), and by doing so put this backweb 137903 back on. My question is why will Spybot not recognize it for removal this time?

I update and run Spybot, Adware (lavasoft), CW Shredder weekly, and none of these tools are finding backwebs for removal, but it is there I see it in my running processes.

Have you tried using Add/Remove function in your Control Panel.?
    If not try using that and if that does not work then search through your Program Files for the appropriate file and manually unistall it that way..

Are your Adaware, SPybot up to date with there definitions? If not then do a update and try setting there settings so that they will look for it's file type..

f2b:.

It was probably removed from the definition list because it is not really spyware or adaware, it's an auto-updater. (but you already knew that :P ) Logitech, Norton, RealPlayer all do the same thing.

Is there maybe a config panel for HP that you could disable auto-updates??

front2back,
    as I mentioned I keep all of my removal tools updated weekly, I know how to get rid of the backweb file. I have also tweaked the settings, but I am just curious as to why Spybot is not picking up on it. Thanks for the response.....

groovicus,
    That is probably it, I remember reading an article about some of these removal tools apps. having to change thier definitions......thanks.

Banned
    The reason spy bot is not picking up backweb on your system is because it was installed by your OEM.