Flooding in Britain

Thread: Flooding in Britain

Flooding in Britain

Any of the flooding over there affected any of you brits? From what I've seen on the news it looks pretty bad. Hope you guys and your families are ok... All I saw was a flash on the news of it, what caused all the flooding? (other than water for you smart alecs)
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    The flooding is in several areas. Nothing too drastic, apart from those under water that is.....
    The weather here has gone a little awry, and has caused us to do without summer so far, far too much rain, in far too short a time.

Where I live, we got an inch of rain in one hour, for us that's a lot.
    Where the floods occured, they got upwards of two inches in the first hour.
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Firstly, the really serious flooding happened in one tiny village in Cornwall, which this time of year is mostly full of tourists (including some Americans who were interviewed on the BBC news).

Secondly, flooding is actually quite common in low lying areas of our country... we've come to expect it (in moderate form anyway).

Regal Making Handler
    Aparently the flooding is caused by so many people concreating their front gardens and using them for off road parking. Or so i read in the Sun, so thats got to be true then Mind you, it won't be long befor thats made ellegal. This country must spend 50% of it's GNP on yellow paint, If you look at the ever increasing double yellow lines. =(no parking for anyone not familier with our road system).

I blame the flooding on our water boards. They bitch about the levels of water in our rivers and they have no water for us to water the garden with. Then it chucks it down like something out the bible, 40 and 40 nights. But within a few weeks the ban hose pipes, what are they doing with the stuff.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    what are they doing with the stuff.
    shh........ I'll let you into a secret:

I've heard tell that they flush it down a TOILET......................
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Regal Making Handler
    Dam i just re-read my post. I'm not mr angry, honest. I sound like most of the blue rinse and bath towel brigade that live round here. I realy have to get out more often. Lol
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

last i heard on this nobody got killed. somebody up there must like you guys. the reports say a from a 3 - 10 foot wall of water went rushed down the street. cars were washed into the bay or mangled in trees. guess the tourists had something to write home about (do they do this every year?)
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”