Untill recently (when I moved) I had a D-Link wieless router connected to my cable modem and 3 computers ( 1 wired and 2 wireless) connected behind that.

After I moved, at first I had the same setup, with only one computer (my laptop) wireless connection to the D-Link router and my cable modem. Since then, I have ran more cable to the room where I have my computer set up, and am directly connected to the cable modem.

I miss the extra feeling of safety of having a hardware router in my setup, but really don't wish to also have the extra security risk of a unneeded WAP.
When the D-Link was set up, I had SSID disabled, WEP engauged (the D-Link does not support WPA), and MAC access restricted to only my laptop. I also had the signal attenuated as much as possible through the router.

Does anyone know of some means to completely turn the WAP of this router off, so that I can use just the wired portion of it? It is a 4 port setup and of course the wireless portion also. I have considered openning the router box up and manually defeating the wireless portion, but am hesitant to do this as it may cause perminate damage to the router and I am probably going to want to make use of its wireless functions some time in the future.

I have checked the manufacers web site, but they don't address this issue.

The D-link 4 port wireless router is a DI-514.