Thread: CIS benchmark for Freebsd

CIS benchmark for Freebsd

http://www.cisecurity.org/ CIS has released a benchmark for Freebsd , If you have never seen this before its worth a look even if you don't use Freebsd as they have the same for linux, win(2000-xp pro), solaris, hp-ux. A great way to see the little things you may have missed. You get a great little pdf with the tool also

Have fun tightening permissions and disabling..
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Yep, this is a good site. They have policies that can be imported and applied in W32 hosts. Their unix lockdowns are all very good too. Once you are finished, you can DL their assessment tool which will audit your host and provide you will a report on remaining vulnerabilities (based on the audit level you select).

Thanks for shining the light on this for others who may not be aware.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Just Another Geek
    I'm definitely going to try the FreeBSD one
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Too bad it won't unpack on my copy of Slack. Oh well, that's RPM for ya.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?