Thread: Hacking Games---Uplink Vs ETM

Post Hacking Games---Uplink Vs ETM

I was told by few people that Uplink can be used to learn hacking.I found this game

incredibly LAME !!.In the game you play the role of a hacker who hacks into government and

bank boxes using LAME tools like password crackers etc. downloaded from the net. The game

is pretty misleading ,especially to Newbies.The game is entertaining though with kewl

background music and swell looks . This game is generally meant for people who have no idea

of what hacking is and wants to buy some time by playing a game. Uplink takes about 60 Mb

and it supports different OS's.

check out the game here

http://www.introversion.co.uk/uplink/screenshots.html

If there's a new game that has come any close to hacking , its Enter The Matrix (ETM)

Hacking section.You start off with a strange terminal . The key to advancing the game lies in

your ability to learn new things on your own, cracking passwords without using lame tools

and solving puzzles etc. Even Veterans would find ETM fun !.The real game also adds to the

enjoyment with its devastatingly good game engine and action.The sad part is that the

game needs a really powerful box and harddisk space of about 5 GBs unlike Uplink.

Check out the game here

http://www.enterthematrixgame.com

PaCkeT ThiRst

well, i have played uplink, and i kinda find it amusing, although your right it isn't even in the direction of a skiddie...

as for ETM, i have it to, for about 6 months now, but haven't even installed it yet (got it for my birthday), but you make it sound nice, think i'm going to install it this evening

In order to fully make use of the hacking section you will have to fully advance in the main

game.I'd recommend downloading the savegame file from the net and then straightaway

jump to the hacking section inorder to save valuable time !!

In order to fully make use of the hacking section you will have to fully advance in the main

game.I'd recommend downloading the savegame file from the net and then straightaway

jump to the hacking section inorder to save valuable time !!
    why?? the game is fun and not to difficult either...

i just (yesterday) was hacking for about 20 minutes, i've become root, and now must follow the white rabbit... i like this game

Ive played uplink quite a few times...i also like street hacker.