Thread: how to use motorola mobile set

how to use motorola mobile set

hello guys I have a mobile set (motorola) model no=92302xwxsa , How I can use it, Infact I get it from America and now want to use it in Pakistan. How i can use it.

ehm..
    this is a cell phone right..
    you might wanna get a SIM card from a local opperator.

But on the other hand I might be completly missing the point of your question here..

There should be a button on it that is usualy red and has a ( | ) logo on it..
    That should be the power button right there that switches the mobile on..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

AntiOnline n00b
    hi

Yep Put the SIM in And Power it on ..........if it Still says Insert SIM.......

Most GSM Phone in Indian Sub Continent work on DualBand and in US they Don't use DualBand ( i need someone form US to confirm i have heard that ) ......... so most of the GSM Phone that work in US will not work here with your local SIM i mean ........ Take it the Local Motorola Priority Dealer and let him have a look at it .

--Good Luck--

US Based subscribers carry dual band phones but they are more expensive and most don't buy them.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

For each type of mobile phone check if it supports 800/1900 Hz dual as applicable in indian subcontinent and then If it can work just get simple SIM card from your local mobile shop .
    When phone starts it will itself log into nework. For menu use handbook (supplied with mobile) or simple step is button below 'menu' word is used to access menu and then up and down arrows are used to view different options in menu and these are all in plain english or whatever language selected. When you want to select any option just look for word select on screen and press button beneath it on keypad. For making calls just enter number with area code and press green dial button.
    Hope this will help.
    It\'s all about sense of power.

SwordFish_13 wrote
    Yep Put the SIM in And Power it on ..........if it Still says Insert SIM......
    no it accepts the sim card, but it gives message "please wait to enter the code".
    problem is what code i should enter. thanks for help.

All these mobile sets have preconfigured code which in most cases is simple 12345 and it accepts it. Atleast in case of samsung and nokia. so try entering 12345 or 1234 (if 4 digit) and see if it works . ALso u can mail theie cust support for default factory setting code.
    It\'s all about sense of power.

hmm,I didnt find any matches for a motorola set called 92302xwxsa poppy_123,are you sure it's the correct name?Sometimes certain cellphones're 'locked' onto a certain network(sounds fun eh ppl?)and wont work on other SIM's until you unlock it..which is by 'flashing' the EEPROM chip(DO NOT DO THIS YOURSELF)..there're quite a few companies that offer to unlock your cell,try them..however this is a last resort...I'd like you to reconfirm whether it's correct your cell model no. or not...have you tried asking the person you brought the SIM from?Also..if you've got it from relatives in the US,try giving them a call and asking them to contact the person they bought it from

You used the phone in the US in the beginning? The phone is locked. You need to get it unlocked for you to use it with a foreign sim card. Make sure the phone is triband as sometimes, depending on the frequency used in the other country, the phone will not pick up a signal. As renegade said (lol had to read it twice sorry.)

To unlock it, google it or see if u can find someone near you who does it. Keep in mind the 900Mhz frequency...some countries use that.

Best thing to do...Buy a phone in Pakistan and use the one there. A prepaid is often much more effective.

US Based subscribers carry dual band phones but they are more expensive and most don't buy them.
    Road depends on which provider you are refering to. Verizon uses CDMA, and Sprint uses PCS. AT&T, T-Moblile, Cingular and Nextel use GSM. Some phones are able to use different frequencies but are sometimes locked. The Motorola MPX200 is one example. It supports 1800/1900/900. The 900Mhz is locked in the AT&T US version, but its unlocked in the European version which is distributed by Orange. Maybe, once the AT&T and Cingular deal finishes the merging by the end of this year, Cingular may unlock the 900Mhz frequency.

By personal comparison and experience, CDMA completely dominates GSM even with the building of new towers by the providers who use GSM. I bought a $30 prepaid phone which uses CDMA and it literally has service EVERYWHERE...even in a tunnel under water.

AFAIK all US phones are dualband (1900/1800) and its the Triband ones that cost that extra buck. Most GSM phones are given away for free with subscription anyways