Thread: Assembley To vb?

Assembley To vb?

errr just wondering guys but is there something out there that will convert Assembly to VB?

Thanks

-tseng
    Im Chris Bartholomew - 18 Years old

TSeNg
    questions? Cxbartholomew@yahoo.com

Nope..
    technicaly impossible..

look at it like turning bread into flour, water, sugar and yeast..

And VB is the most f(_)cked up proprietary language out there..
    Why anyone would want to convert something as elegant as ASM to VB is beyond me..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

if you are talking about "revert" and compiled program back to VB is one think...

but i think you are just wondering about convert a assembly coded program into VB.

Although i think its possible, there is some limitiations: some structures and instructions cant be well represented on VB. Also, there is tricks in assembly (as any other language) that a "converter" wouldnt understand.

the_JinX:

ASM, elegant? pffff.... in special if you are talking about IA-32 assembly. Its a crap. Worst machine language ive ever seen.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

ehhh thanks guys, it was for some challenge at school. we got a vb6 application and we needed to get some source out of it. w/o decompiling it (which i know is like well yea uber not cool)

so our prof hinted that we should try to use a program like windasm or SmartCheck (which i cant even get my hands on a trail edition) to try to debug / disassemble.

The thing is when i use windams it comes out in assembley or something ----- which when that happend my face went from this: (O_O) to this ( -______- ) because me and assembley arn't good friends.

ahaha well now that you kinda know the scenario I'm in do any of you got suggestions?

Thanks abunch for your input so far =D

-tseng

yes... asm is crap. I dont even know it, but im still going to say its crap.

TSeNg

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    Originally posted here by cacosapo

the_JinX:

ASM, elegant? pffff.... in special if you are talking about IA-32 assembly. Its a crap. Worst machine language ive ever seen.

the_JinX, I agree completely. It's programming in its purest form....not weighed down with the verbosity of VB, yet articulate and powerful. For those who see programming as an art....assembly is beautiful.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Ninja Code Monkey
    VB is a hammer, in the right hands you can build nice things. In most peoples hands, it makes things that look like the came out of a middle school shop class during the first semester.

I have little use for assembly beyond optimization of code or the occasional tinkering.

As far as decompiling VB code goes...I think a google search would probably benefit you more than asking here:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...sic+decompiler

Taking it back to assembly and then to VB is....odd.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

=\ if there is one thing i made sure man - it was going to google first b4 here. forums is my last resort.

its basically a homework assignment im not going put out 150 bucks for vbrezq or another 399 for vbreformer.

I googled all night for something that may be of some help regarding smartcheck and stuff because again the prof hinted that it can be done using those items. (not really decompiling but more of debugging)

I was hoping to come here to see if anyone has delt w/ those two items i mentioned in my previous post. that way they can point me to some sort of direction because after a whole night of googling i feel uberlost.

again dont get this wrong, its not like im asking for you to do my assignment, just a little advice.

thanks again for all your input =D

-tseng

TSeNg