Thread: Ftp server?

Ftp server?

Can i know how to set up a ftp server? i had setup a phpbb forum using apache http server but have no idea to setup a ftp server...pls help me....thanks guys

Just Another Geek
    On what OS? (if it's linux please name the distibution you're using)
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

win xp pro sp1.... sorry i forgot to put the os.

Do you have your XP cd? If you do, you can go to add/remove programs, add/remove windows components, Internet Information services, click details, select FTP server. Now you can set up an ftp server through ctrl panel/admin tools/IIS. Granted, most people do not like to use the IIS FTP because they do not believe it is secure, but as long as you keep it patched you will probably be ok if it is all configured correctly.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

I recommend Guild FTP...it's a nice one, plus it's free. Get it from http://download.com.

another really nice one for all operating systems is FileZilla from sourceforge.net it is really customizable and quite secure afaik there is both a free filezilla client (very much like cuteftp pro) and a server (very much like raiden and bulletproof servers)
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

IIS sucks

Seriously i dun trust IIS, or else i will not have used apache... i will try out FileZilla...thanks for your recommendations