Records Counter a Critic of Kerry
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Records Counter a Critic of Kerry

Records Counter a Critic of Kerry

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Aug18.html

Newly obtained military records of one of Sen. John F. Kerry's most vocal critics, who has accused the Democratic presidential candidate of lying about his wartime record to win medals, contradict his own version of events.

In newspaper interviews and a best-selling book, Larry Thurlow, who commanded a Navy Swift boat alongside Kerry in Vietnam, has strongly disputed Kerry's claim that the Massachusetts Democrat's boat came under fire during a mission in Viet Cong-controlled territory on March 13, 1969. Kerry won a Bronze Star for his actions that day.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

so we got 2 people who lied to get medals.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

While interesting, if you read far enough into it, you will see him be quoted specifically as saying:

Thurlow said last night after being read the full text of his Bronze Star citation. "My personal feeling was always that I got the award for coming to the rescue of the boat that was mined. This casts doubt on anybody's awards. It is sickening and disgusting."

Thurlow said he would consider his award "fraudulent" if coming under enemy fire was the basis for it. "I am here to state that we weren't under fire," he said. He speculated that Kerry could have been the source of at least some of the language used in the citation.
    To be honest, I don't know which of them to believe, other than to say the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. I do happen to know a vet who did two tours on riverboats in nam, and he can't stand Kerry, but I think it has more to do with how Kerry acted after the war than what he did during it.

Hopefully, given more time, the press will get off of their lazy haunches and find out more info, one way or the other.
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Banned
    Who wrote the AAR's? (After Action Reports)

.......I've seen French school girls shoot better!

Statement By Swift Boat Veterans for Truth Member Larry Thurlow

has more to do with how Kerry acted after the war than what he did during it
    For these guys, that IS why they are after him so hard. He made them feel like criminals and for some, degraded enough to go into depression. etc. According to them is was all BS from the beginning. And now Jane Fonda is coming out of the woodwork.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

Hopefully, given more time, the press will get off of their lazy haunches and find out more info, one way or the other.
    IMHO I tend to disbelive the press even more.

I think that Kerry recieved the medal legitimately, and that the others are being rewarded by some means by the Bush supporters to discredit him. I also thouroghly believe that one of the Bush's rigged the campaign that got G.W.B. elected in the first place. If my beliefs are true about the election being rigged, then I have to also strongly believe that the Bush's having gotten away with the rigging, would definately try something just as low this campaign.

This is just my personal opinion. I do not have any evidence to support this. My opinion is based on events that have been covered by the press who I tend to not take fully serious. In my years on this planet I have become very good at reading between the lines.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

Aeallison, you honestly believe someone rigged the election even though there are a hundred thousdand polling booths all monitored very closely by each party and if it was rigged why only a small margine. If you want a real statement make it a landslide, I say.
    West of House

I did not fight in the war, I was too young. Although I do have family that were their and they have also told me of some very criminal things that were done by our forces there. I will not go into detail of what I heard as I don't know how to prove or disprove it. I will say that these things were told to me over 20 years ago and that the persons whom I heard these allegations had nothing to gain by telling me about them.

I hope I am not offending anyone here by my opinion, but I do believe Kerry's side of the story more than that of the people he pissed off. My father received a Bronse Star for carrying a wounded comrad out of harms way while under enemy fire. He dropped his weapon and gear and ran to the aid of his friend, threw him over his shoulder and carried him to safety. I think that Kerry did the same thing by pulling his wounded comrad out of the river. My father fought in the Phillipeans and Japan during WWII.

Al Gore had won the popular vote, and would have won the election (by a very small margin) if he would have gotten the Florida votes. Florida was the deciding vote needed for either one to win. Jeb Bush was the Govenor of Florida was he not? It just seems much too fishy to me.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

Banned
    You should go work for a newspaper, !mitationRust, with all your bolded headlines and stuff... Bolding it doesn't make it more nor less a fact, you know...
    BTW: humiliation is always an opinion and never a fact.