Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: phpBB help need

phpBB help need

I am new to phpBB. How do i make moderators n other admins in my forum. Is there any help for that????
    Currently working on sdome link directories and a brand new programming site. :P will post them soon.

Go to your forum, scroll down to the end of the page and click Go to Administration Panel
    .On the side menu scroll down untill you see the "User Admin" section. Under that click "Permissions", after that enter the username you wish to assign Mod/Admin rights to. Press Find Member, then there should be something like this.

Username: Maki

User Level : Here you can choose between User/Administrator

Usergroup memberships : None

Under that, you can assign particular forums to a user to moderatore, thus making him moderator....

If you go to administrators control panel you will be able to control all aspects of the board. Log in as an administrator and go to the admin panel. Once in the administrators panel you can add users and moderators as needed. Also phpbb.com has a very good help desk.

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

I guess i know that i can get help from www.phpbb.com forum. But when i get there they asked me to look in the forum for help. Please guys dont post me link to phpBB web site...i know its www.phpbb.com. Please kindly help me by your words.. Also please tell how make someone Global mod , Admin in Phpbb.
    Currently working on sdome link directories and a brand new programming site. :P will post them soon.

DreamDown explained the simple function of "UserAdmin" >Permission in Phpbb admin section. [wherein you could set a single user to be an admin or allow moderator rights to a forum.].

Well, since you dont want any link to PHPBB, I will try to explain it here as much as I could [about assigning mods on phpbb]. In the admin section of PHPBB you have a section there called "Group Admin" with the options >Management>Permission. You can create here a "usergroup" wherein you choose the usergroup moderator and set permissions to any forum you want them to moderate. Heres how:

1. Assuming that you are in the admin section, click "Management" under the "Group Admin" section.
    2. Click "Create New Group". Noww here you will fill up the name of the group, a short description of the group, the choosen head moderator of the group and lastly group status wherein:

open group: the tag "moderator" is shown under each forum/topic. the head moderator of the group has also the right to add members to the group.
    closed group: disables the right of the head moderator to add member to the group.
    hidden group: identity of the moderating group will be same as normal users. automatic user addition is not allowed

3. After succesfully creating a group proceed now to "Permission" still under the "Group Admin" section. Select the group and click "Look up Group". Now set the permission on the "Moderator Status" [is moderator] [not moderator]. click submit.

4. Now the group was succesfully created. So whats next? You want now to add members to it. Still on the admin panel, in the "Administration" section click "Forum Index". On your forum index find and click "USERGROUPS". You would now see the name of the group you have previously created earlier. Click "view information". You have the option here to change the "group type" and to "add members" here. [note: the head moderator too could add members if you have set it to "open group"]. If you want to change the "head moderator" just go back to the admin panel "group admin">management.

5. you could create as many groups as you want. and oppps, dont forget to patch up your phpbb to the latest version to avoid moderators from posibbly exploiting it.

[-edit-]

ack! I forgot to visit your site first before posting. I could see you already figured it out.

Thanx for that buddy. You gave me the better idea. Thanx.

or you can simply insert rules in your database. do you use mysql, oracle, postgresql?
    They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction. (Janet Reno)

I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We\'ve created life in our own image. (Stephen Hawking)

Well buddy i mean MOderator for the site. I have already Confiure it. webjarl helped me. Hey ccan you help me with forum.

er0k
    what do you need help with in the forum?

Yes buddy i need help. Can you help me