Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Big Brother?

LMAO. ....Yes she has Yahoo. .. Hey GL to all of you in Florida...even those of you who are Voting for GW....

Maybe it's at 7/11 Store

Ok, there is another route you know family means everything here at least in my house. Try sending a cell phone to her ( have no idea but may work consider it a concept). 7/11 sells those Go2Phones with the sims cards. Buy one of those and then a bunck of loads addtional sim cards for the cell phone send it to her via a family member, DHL what ever and just use the texting function. In my house although it's sent to the one nation that gave into demands the Philippines that is usually how we communicate with all our family there. Ok I text in taglish (1/2 Tagalog 1/2 Emglish) just to annoy them (I'm an elder in the family he hehe!). Anyway if the boaters use cells to call the Coastgaurd then maybe just text over a cell will reach her. Outside that invest in a Ham radio or check out the broadcasters in the FL area. Off shore account did not work it may be because she is being monitored. Oh Oh gotta go see a pres in the round LMAO gonna find out whre more evil doers are lirking! Fun thread!
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Very good advise my new Pal.. I will try the text route. The cell does not work off our signal here in the states.(my cell does not work there and I have tried most of the other companies at least the majors there (in Cuba) as well) they do have towers in Cuba and a cell system and I did get her a phone that has text for use there...humm 2 cheap text phones just might work.(Of course I could get her a sat. phone but that is better now but still very pricey. I also like the Ham idea although that might be (probably is) restricted to bring into the country..However I will look into that too.
    Funny about the language..I talk in Spanglish alot I find myself using English words that have the Spanish root syno..When I come back to the States I find my English sucks..LOL.. For example I will say if I was irritated rather than 'That upsets me or that bothers me I will use the verb Molestar..So when I return I end up saying "Man that really molested me"..HeHe... correct, but not exactly red blooded American verbage. I think the reason you and I use the double language, is to help those learning English to understand easier. I do the same when I am writing. Sometimes, I just use the Spanish word when I think it is difficult for them. Of course the hardest part of learning English is the expressions we use..Other than those it is an easy language to adapt to.I also try to help them by writing one or two sentences in English and below putting the Spanish equivalent. I figue they can improve that way (actually it helps me too) and there is less chance for misunderstandings to erupt.
    The Cubans are really improving their English. Back in 1991, when I first went, hardly anyone (unless they were a grandparent) spoke English and it was not taught in the schools. Russian was their second language. After the Soviets pulled out in 92 they started to drop Russian and embrace English. Now, like in your country most people at least speak a little English and those that embrace it speak it well. In my early years and even to this day the goverment translaters make many errors in their publications. Mostly because they translate litteraly from sentence to sentence. I am constantly correcting their errors at my favorite places (hotels and resturants).. Finally, they are getting the concept of translating paragraph to paragraph and not worrying about the indiviual sentences....Anyway her I go off topic again..EGADS..Sorry gang..

Uh Oh I always have Phun with this stuff actucally much of Tagalog is Spanish they got every where long ago did they not? Ano is a simple term, ok phone stuff try http://star38.com/s38.php a legal service no doubt bill collectors and marketers will use soon the code is not hard. More telephone stuff just do say a Google Search on Orange Box or calling Cubia lol lots of stuff. I hope Homeland Security visits Google before me...I have a good defense Google told me your Honor...LOl post off the board to me any time CK some of us understand the enitre world does embrace freedom but not just cause it's American culture or American
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg