Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother?

Point Taken Tony.I was wrong according to the quote you provided. It just seems to me that we have changed the focus from Bin Laden to Iraq. This pisses me off as my brother was in the North Tower on floor 104. It pisses me off that W took a month to respond.It pisses me off that 5 days after I got married W took it on himself to change the regulations on Cuba travel. Before we with Cuban relatives could go once a year.We could send a resonable amount of money to our relatives.We could see an ailing grandmother or sick relative, see a youngster grow up and watch his or her progress. Now we are alowed to go for two weeks every three years.Uncles,Aunts and Cousins are eliminated from the mix.We are allowed to spend around 50$ per day down from 156$ while we are there. Should you need to visit somewhere other than Havana I suppose you are supposed to hitchhike, thus staying under the limit.My wife as a Doctor makes 40$ per month I can send her 300$ per quarter.That is now for her ENTIRE family before I could send them each that. The W policy is supposed to be to squeeze Castro. But it is squezing the Cuban people.It is a policy that is inhumaine. I suppose the W camp hopes the people will riot in the streets and get killed in the process. Kerry's wife is taking a lot of heat for helping start (promote) the internet in Cuba through her Canadian Charity. In my humble opinion that is the most positive step toward democracy anyone has done in Cuba in many many years. Through people to people contact is how to promote a change to democracy.All cultural exchange has been curtailed by W.,no longer are Universities allowed to go to Cuba. We are the land of the free except to visit Cuba.The fact that W put Cuba on his list of terrorist countries is the sadest joke of all.The only terrorists in Cuba are the ones we put in Guantanamo to circumvent our laws. All Doctors in Cuba have no choice but to be in the Communist party. Do the want to be? ..No..According to W. I am not allowed to send any Communist party member money. So I absolutely am pissed off and frustrated and have a personal agenda. We have normal relations now with Lybia and China two of the biggest human rights abusers to name just two. There are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and there sure as hell are none in Cuba. Sorry I am getting WAY WAY off topic..and I do thank you all for your help!

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    You're preaching to the choir. I was a died-in-the-wool Republican until this regime. I made the mistake of voting for W and have regretted it ever since. I abhor everything Bush is and stands for and I think he is a disgrace to his party and this country.

I can't wait for November. If people stop letting the Bush regime's tail wag the dog with crap about Kerry's military service - something Bush in particular should stay away from discussing lest the rocks break his own glass house, or his attendance record - another subject the President who holds the record for vacation time should avoid talking about- long enough to look at the actual issues facing this country and the true record of this pathetic administration we will have not only a new President, but a new Vice President, a new Attorney General and a new Secretary of Defense. It's not just Bush, it's the whole regime.

Powell can stay. I think he is a good guy who just fell in with the wrong crowd and hasn't had the intestinal fortitude to resign or stand by his convictions.

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    He truely isn't our President! Remember when they cut the votes off! All the votes from overseas and such weren't counted! ................................

yes powell can stay! here here on that one

if shes using outlook to get the yahoo emails...maybe its setup incorrectly...
    Well...its not gonna get much better than linux!

Banned
    It wouldnt surprise me, as a member of the Cuba Solidarity Group in Ireland I've heard it all before. I can only imagine how it must be for a U.S. citizen.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    To try to put this thread back _ON TOPIC_......

Did you think of picking up a phone and asking what is going on on her end, asking a friend in another country to do it, writing a letter, etc. etc. etc. There's plenty of ways to communicate with Cuba.... It isn't an island you know.... Well. ok, technically it is.... But you know what I mean. There are alternatives...

It might just help you determine some facts.....

Facts are what you use to determine the source of a problem... Wild assed guesses, lack of knowledge, suspicion and doubt end up making you a bloody liberal.... Sorry, off topic.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    Dam this thread is still going? Its about a week over and growing older as we speak!
    Tiger Shark
    To try to put this thread back _ON TOPIC_......
    lol. yeah but this is well tied into the subject. dam bush lol jk

Ennis, agreed I have heard it all before too.. But living it is even more frustrating. Tiger, nice back on topic comment with a off topic comment..Actually I am not a bloody libral I am a fiscal conservative and This President has "made" me a anti Bushite...i still like the Republicans for much of their theory..Yeah, I know it is tough to resist staying on topic...LOL. I can of course reach her by telephone and have.The mail service between the U.S.and Cuba is unreliable.There is no telegram at the moment. Fax requires a machine she does not have and efax does not go to Cuba.DHL does send there..but not many other etc etc etc's. The point I was making was not that there was not other alternatives..but that the email was not getting through. I prize, I had thought of that too as she does use outlook. It seems to be set up correctly. Good idea though. As always Spot on Tony! Kurt yep it is and yes we are...

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Cuba:

Politically, Tony is a moron..... But that's ok.... Anyone who calls his own national government that they voted in a "regime" just seems to fit that description....

Have you tried having her create a free web based email account like yahoo and see how she does connecting to that through the web.

Still desperately trying to keep this on topic!!!!!
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

I know your not really looking for alternatives, however I will throw this out for you. Have her created an account here at AO, then you an her could exchange PM's till your heart's content.

Cheers:
    DjM