Playing game w/o the CD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playing game w/o the CD

Banned

Playing game w/o the CD

Is there anyway i can play a pc game, so i dont have to insert the cd everytime??
    my problem is, i want to copy one of my games b/c its gettin pretty scratched up and i want to back it up. I have tried to copy it on nero, alcohol 120% (not sure if im using this one right), and cdclone. Non of them will copy this cd, when i try to use alcohol 120% and ignore all of the read and illegal mode errors it will take about 50 hours to burn b/c it goes so slowly.

When i try to use cdclone it says filling buffers....
    then they get to 100%
    then it starts to burn untill the buffers get to 0% and it stops

any help??

looks like you are trying to bypass CD protection..

although some ppl would think that is for "backup purposes", most will think "he/she is trying to hack a game".

I advise you to delete or rewrite your post.

BTW, i dont know a (current) cd protection mechanism that CANNOT be bypassed.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

BS, EnCE, ACE, Cellebrite 11001001's Avatar
    Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    If your HDD is big enough and you can uninstall/reinstall the game without losing saved data, try this:

Copy the entire contents of the CD to the local HDD.
    Run the install files from its new location, rather than the CD itself.
    If you're lucky, the OS (Windows, I assume?) should remember the location of where the game was installed from, and the location of the files needed to play the game.
    That's Officer 11001001 to you...
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

Banned
    ah that might work, thanks

Depending on protection it might work, but those that are dependant of cd "crafted errors" wont.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

This is how I do it:

I create an image of the CD (.iso, cue, etc).

I then use daemon tools to mount the iso in a virtual cdrom.

Easy as pie... bypasses *MOST* copy protection.

Sometimes you will need to find the "no cd patch".

They are out there... just do some searching.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

As far as Alcohol goes, make sure you keep it up to date and make sure you look around for the protections that are used by the game you are trying to backup. I frequently back up my games and use the copied CD to play (why scratchup the originals, i have had too many that were ruined). Take a look at the forums on their website, you can usually find the protection used and successfully make a backup.
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

albn
    I have used "no cd" patches, but you need to check with your EULA and see if that is legal because it can be illegal. I understand the one backup, but that is usually for archival purposes, but what gets me is this... if the damn cd is so damn hard to backup because of that protection, then how can we protect our investment?

That is such an irony.

I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

I used GameDrive 8.0 for my internet cafe. Its not free though, but a license is worth it. You can make as many virtual drives as u want. Try that