google hacking

Thread: google hacking

google hacking

Subscribers to's mailing lists may have found their interest in the anti-Bush political site a matter of public record.

A Web page misconfiguration left dozens of the liberal political group's subscriber pages easily searchable through simple Google queries. Each page included a subscriber's name, e-mail address and the mailing lists to which he or she is subscribed. CNET confirmed that several related searches turned up more than two dozen individual subscriber pages.

The discoverer of the problem, Web developer Shawn Smith, found the information accidentally, he said. Smith, a member of, had searched Google for information on recent video clips sponsored by the political group. Along with a link to the clips, he found that several of the other search results pointed to Web pages with subscriber information.

"I just wanted to see the (video) spots," Smith said. "Instead, I found these other sites."

Smith alerted to the problems, and the Web site fixed the issues.

"This is extremely disturbing," said one subscriber, when contacted through e-mail. The subscriber asked that his or her name not be used. "I'm not sure if I should be worried or not, but I am," the person said.

moral to the story...if you dont want to be found somewhere...dont subscribe
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Unfortunately, Google's cache is a bitch...

And has not fixed anything. I can still see names, numbers, addy's, and emails.

Sigh! As good as Google is it does have it's down side. Seeing how the "Patroit Act" can be abused and as much as I like and love to hate them points out some good stuff. But then again hey even Ted Kennedy made the National "No Fly List" Seems private business turns over lots of stuff to the Gov people. If they don't they just goole it, all I can say is vote in November. American Freedoms are being lost at the abuse of American Corps in bed with the Gov. Me shut up I have a 1/2 century on my life seen many things but nothing like being Bush Wacked!
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg