Share this Lesson

Thread: Share this Lesson

Smile Share this Lesson

Firewalls protect your box from black hats and antivirus softwares from viruses.But what would you do to protect your box from ants ? Well it had been a long time since i´ve opened my box.Yesterday i noticed a dead ant in a floppy disk that i had inserted to my box.I checked out the back of my box and found out two ants comingout of the keyboard port !.I immediately opened up my box. I was shocked to see he number of ants that were exploring my box.There were a few on the cpu fan..a couple of them on the SMPS and everywhere you could think of.I could never have foreseen this intrusion !!.. .At last my aunt came to the rescue !!.She placed some cucumber pieces into my box and asked me to calm down.After sometime the ants started to come out slowly one by one.By the end of the day my box was completely free from ants .She then reminded me how i used to make fun of her when she did dumb things with my box.I learned this valuable lesson that we should never underestimate and make fun of someone just because he or she has little knowledge on something compared to you.

check out this link to learn how to drive ants away
    http://www.tipztime.com/area/bugtipz/ants.html

I think it is safe to say that this problem may be an isolate incident...... I have never heard a story like this before......

I wonder why ants are interested in your machine? unless, (me draws a breath) OH NO their becoming smarter!!!!!!! RUN....

THE ANTS GO MARCHING ONE BY ONE, HERAW HERAW, INVADING COMPUTERS JUST FOR FUN, HERA HERAW

nice moral..... I like it

PacketThirst

Intesting story, but I wonder what the draw to the box was. Did you have a water cooled sys and it was leaking and they were thirsty? Were they cold and snuggled together next to the cpu? Wouldn't the critters cause arcs as they walked around the main board. (zist, zist, all day long) Geez in my box, I don't think they could hang on. I have alot of air moving around so they'd have their little feet dangling in the wind...lol

The cucumber thing was interesting. I guess that's reminds me of the time my cousin told me how he got rid of the crabs. He said he went to the movie theater and when the crabs got up to get some popcorn, he changed seats

Anyway great moral.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

I really don't know what made the ants attracted to my box !.I don't have a water cooling sys !!.I guess my box seemed like Sin City to them with all those LEDs and colors !!

********** |ceWriterguy
    Thank you for such a wonderful post. It lightened my day. I hope I can diffuse your wonderment a little bit with a quip from an exterminator friend I got after finding a box I was repairing for someone (in their home thankfully) that was infested with la cocarachas.

"Roaches (and ants I'm presuming here) like climate controlled environments. Since they tend to thrive more in tropical areas, they seek out 'warm places' in homes when they invade. No electronic gear is safe from infestation since it produces a good amount of heat." -

to this day I treat the inside of my box whenever I treat my home to prevent pests.

Be Well!
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

BANNED
    I'm in the south and we have a great infestation of roaches. We bomb, they die, they come back. One thing you come to notice is they like electronics. I believe it's the heat they produce and it may be the same case for the ants.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

Thanks for the explanation folks. I'm fortunate not to have to battle the little critters, but the climatic controlled environment really makes since. It's probably the only place in the house where the temp stays constant.

That means the ants and la cocarachas are sentient beings and plugging into our computers. They've created a "Borg Hive" within and with the Internet they can communicate with the collective. Now we're really in trouble - The Borg are Coming!

Connection refused, try again later.

********** |ceWriterguy
    I am dyslexic of Borg. You will be asslaminated.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!