Thread: need info about certs

Exclamation need info about certs

could u lemme know the details abt available certifications in the wireless domain in the order of hierarchy

The Iceman Cometh
    Have you looked at Google? It's definitely a good place to start...

Also, what do you mean about "order of hierarchy"? The most important to least important? You'll probably get a number of different opinions on that one...

AJ

I wouldn't get a certification unless the job that you are applying for asks for it. You could just be wasting money on it because now all you have to do is buy some kit that pretty much gets you the certification without any hands on work with equipment. I had the luck to meet one of those people that bought one and they didn't even remember the wire patterns for a straight cable. And they were CCNA.

The Iceman Cometh
    I wouldn't get a certification unless the job that you are applying for asks for it. You could just be wasting money on it because now all you have to do is buy some kit that pretty much gets you the certification without any hands on work with equipment.
    I don't know if I'd go that far, but he does bring up a good point. Most of the time, you get very little (if any) hands-on experience. What I suggest to some of my clients is to buy the books and learn the material. They can then put that to use in whatever job they currently have (or are planning on getting). Then, once they have actually had some hands-on experience, approach your employer to see if they would pay for the exam (which is helluva lot cheaper than the class plus the test). Most of my clients who have followed that advice have had a lot more success than ones who took the class and got the certification.

AJ

alright,those were interestin replies though i still have to find out a few more things......anyway,thx

Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.