Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just a Thought

er0k

Just a Thought

Merely a muse, so don't kill me for it!

Certain politicians (bush) receive more crap than anyone in history. Why Bush? why do so many people, across the globe, hate bush, make fun of his intelligence, etc? More than anyone, ever, i would assume. He has to be the most made fun of president in at least a very, very long time.

Has anyone ever thought that maybe there is actually something wrong with the dude being the US president? (and no im not saying this because i don't like him, if it happened to Kennedy i would have the same stance)

I mean seriously folks? Your thoughts - why do millions of people across the globe mock bush sooo much?

And for you, Tiger Shark, i am not providing your pretty little facts or figures, etc. This is just a thought of my own. Now hurry up and be as insulting as possible.

You will say a french opinion cannot be objective, but I would vote for:
    Bush: "the man who survived the bretzel experience!"

Seriously, on an out-of-US point of view, we have the terrific believing that the most powerful man on earth is not really competent to do his job. So, maybe it is a natural reaction to joke on him instead of thinking actually on how the world will durably change because of its numerous errors.

Maybe...
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

I have a theory:

The answer is the media p@wnz Joo. The media is liberal. Liberals hate Bush with a furry. Why, he's Chrisian, doesn't want gay marriage, attacked a country while the same people who hate him today bitched about it for 20 years, he doesn't like abortion and tried to stop 3rd trimester abortions, and most of all he's a republican. To liberals (who operate the media) all republicans are neo-cons waiting to enslave. This media I am talking about elevates every person they can find with any grievance against the US, it's "real" allies and the president to uber l337 status.

The "world" likes US presidents who give them money and STFU about foreign policy. Especially policy the EU and the world tries to sweep under the carpet and ignore. They are happily doing that now in other countries. In addition there are countries who lead the supposed world opinon using there own powers to shape the theme. They are oftem mentioned here and happen to strong arm the EU at the moment. And then there is the United Nations who has had it's thumb up American politics for decades. So then you have a president who comes along after an attack and says basically "ENOUGH" this is what we are going to do, you are either with us or against us. Seems to have pissed off the fat politicians across the globe. Good. Perhaps in the future they won't set around dining on elegance in glass towers without a thought past their wallets.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

And more times than not, being hammered upon constantly by the opposition is the first major sign that you're doing something right.

********** |ceWriterguy
    I believe that George Jr's sole mission on taking office was to 'correct Daddy's mistake' - being finishing off what Dad started. Although I support him as President, I don't necessarily believe that he's fully competent in all respects. His staff, however, is doing quite the good job, and he listens to them. So far since in office, Dubya's 3 main accomplishments were to - issue a tax rebate (that I didn't get any part of because I didn't make enough money), to invade Afghanistan and *Not* find Bin Laden, and to get us back into a war with Iraq. Much as my redneck self hates to admit this, the French were correct in saying we should wait at the UN councils, citing lack of hard evidence. To date I've seen nothing supporting Georgie's original reason for going to war, and much to the chagrin of his administration, I'm pretty sure nothing will ever surface. Either Saddam got smart and moved it all out of country (possible but unlikely), or he was telling the truth. Poor George. Bad track record. Not necessarily incompetent per se, but not producing any readily evident results either.

ON the other side of the coin we see John Kerry... is he truly a better solution (as if a 2nd grader wasn't a better solution), or simply the 'lesser of two evils' ? If he loses this election, it's Ralph Nader's fault for swinging too many dem votes away from him (also a possibility, see Perot/Bush senior/Clinton round 1 for hard evidence).

Who would I suggest as a possible replacement? Let's see... hrm. In the ideal spectrum of politics, I would most likely place Colin Powell or Kay Bailey Hutchison at the helm from the republican side, and Al Gore for the Dems simply because he's been there forever and hasn't managed to screw things up too terribly badly. Overall vote? Colin or Kay in an even tossup. I'd carry my quarter to the polls and flip it to decide.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Al Gore ...now thats just silly. Would you really want someone who screams at the top of his lungs as president? I'm pretty sure there's other ways to send a point across.

I gotta agree though, Junior has got some really great/smart/productive people by his side which help him out significantly. If we were to replace the Pres, wouldn't they be replaced as well. Believe it or not, that would be a bad Idea to replace those guys.

As for Afghanistan...Bin Laden was not our sole reason for attacking it. It was the Taliban that we were after as well...and we sure kicked some ass.

The only reason the French wanted to give Saddam more time was to continue the trading that they had going on...The French like to be a "major" part of the UN but when it comes to stepping up to the plate and show some action...oh no they cant! I did not see any lack of evidence...they all "agreed" that Saddam had WMDs and he was a threat...the only difference was that the UN wanted to beg saddam a little longer to disarm. (Don't even start with "WHERE ARE THE WMDS" argument please).

You'd rather believe that Saddam was telling the truth rather than moving the weapons out of the country? ROFL!

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    And for you, Tiger Shark, i am not providing your pretty little facts or figures, etc. This is just a thought of my own. Now hurry up and be as insulting as possible.
    Why? It was a good question.... I am _utterly_ appreciative of good questions or statements... It simply irks me when people besmirch their own reputation with clearly unthought out rubbish. I have confidence in humanity's ability to do the "right thing".... Unfortunately, I also see the pollution of the gene pool as witnessed by the remarkable number of people who have yet to learn how to think for themselves......

When you offer up unthought out rubbish then I will castigate you for it.... when you present a thought out opinion I will applaud you for it.......

If that is too difficult a concept for you to grasp then you already know your own problems and don't need me to keep pointing them out..... So why do you ask me to?

Your call.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Perot/Bush senior/Clinton round 1 for hard evidence
    At least you realize the great and powerful Clinton was elected becaus conservatives told Bush to piss off. What was his crime? Raising taxes.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

The "world" likes US presidents who give them money and STFU about foreign policy. Especially policy the EU and the world tries to sweep under the carpet and ignore. They are happily doing that now in other countries. In addition there are countries who lead the supposed world opinon using there own powers to shape the theme.
    And the US dosent do that?
    The US has swept as many unimportant issues under the carpet as any other country you can name. The only thing that decides an issue is what are the political or economic advantages involved. The only free forign aid come from independant charities.
    As for strong arm tactics. As we would say that is the kettle calling the pot black.

I did not see any lack of evidence...they all "agreed" that Saddam had WMDs and he was a threat
    Who all agreed? I saw no evidance that there was an ongoing weapons program in Iraq before its liberation. I still have not seen any.

The biggest problem with Bush is he comes across as a war mad spolit kid. Also call it bad luck but he is the only US president to nearly choke on a prestal stick, fall off a bike and drop his dog. Ok the prestal and the bike were probably terrorist attacks aimed to kill him and the dog probably just got some sense and made a run for it. Then while on his visit to Ireland he was filmed standing at his bedroom window in his pyjamas. He was lucky that the film crew that filmed him were from the national broadcast company so it was covered up quickly. He just doesnt look good on international television and I personnaly find it hard to take him seriously.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

The only free forign aid come from independant charities.
    Are you sure about that???? You might want to check your numbers again. Show some proof please.

Who all agreed? I saw no evidance that there was an ongoing weapons program in Iraq before its liberation. I still have not seen any.
    The UN, Russia, the US...sorry you must have missed the memo I had the UN send to you. Are we getting serious here or what? Turn on the TV for a chance or listen to the radio or something....you guys still got Newspapers in France right?

Also call it bad luck but he is the only US president to nearly choke on a prestal stick, fall off a bike and drop his dog. Ok the prestal and the bike were probably terrorist attacks aimed to kill him and the dog probably just got some sense and made a run for it. Then while on his visit to Ireland he was filmed standing at his bedroom window in his pyjamas. He was lucky that the film crew that filmed him were from the national broadcast company so it was covered up quickly. He just doesnt look good on international television and I personnaly find it hard to take him seriously.
    Interesting reasons not to take someone seriously. You might want to correct yourself a bit, he's the only "documented" president to have chocked on a pretzel, or falleng from his bike during his presidency. You forget that he's still only human and not taking him seriously because he fell from his bike is just ignorant. I'm pretty sure your little Jack Schirak(sp) has fallen from the bike too....

Why don't you take the man seriously for doing what he said he was going to do? Keep his word? Standing up againts terrorism? I wonder what makes a good president for you Frenchies...someone who keeps his word and stands up againts evil or a little pussy like Schirak who hasn't fallen from his bike. C'mon, time to grow up and get your head out of your ass. Before you hate a president at least make an Intelligent argument of why you hate him.