Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is this

What is this

What is x86, i386, i686 I just what to know.

And another silly question do you need DSL to run exploits because I only have Dail-Up( at the moment).

x86 is the name of a computer architecture (probably the one you have currently). i386 and i686 are names of processor generation types. i686 is about most recent processors, i386 is older but more generic.

Maybe should you explain more your question, and maybe should you -concerning your exploit question- read the AntiOnline faq quickly.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

BANNED
    http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cache:NANEUWlS-IYJ:www.antionline.com/+&hl=en

Go there and read everything in the huge grey top with a purple banner.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

STOP NEGGING THE PARENT POSTER FOR QUESTIONS! We all started out somewhere, even on the basics, so you need to remember that you too were once as green as he is, and had to work your way up.

386, 486, 686, and so forth are processor types. For example, Pentium III and IV are 686 processor types, Pentium II and I are 486, Athalons are 586 and so forth and so forth. I can't find an exact chart right now to explain it in more detail.

pooh

I might be wrong, but I thought pentium 1 is 586 and pentium 2 started the 686 range..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

from http://www.dropline.net

i686 CPUs include Intel's Pentium Pro, Pentium II, Pentium III, Pentium IV, and Celeron processors. AMD's Athlon and Duron CPUs also fall into this category. The original Pentium, Pentium MMX, K6, and K6-II processors are from the i586 family
    You are completely correct. Guess who's tired, eh

LordWire,

You were asking pretty good inquisitive questions until you asked this:

And another silly question do you need DSL to run exploits because I only have Dail-Up( at the moment).
    Based on your previous questions it would appear that you are on a quest for knowledge and that is understandable. However, running exploits can get you into some real serious trouble if you do it on someone else's network, the internet, or someone else's computer. If you want to toy with exploits make darn sure it's on your own computer and that computer is not connected to someone's network or the internet. Additionally when you are done with your test, you will need to sanitize the computer you used prior to using it on a network or the internet. Just because you might have downloaded one exploit doesn't mean that unknowingly you didn't receive another in the process. There's a multitude of threads in AO that will guide you through the cleanup process, but at least a reformat is in order. Don't take this lightly because you can easily be exploited yourself.

take heed to KissCool's advice: "read the AntiOnline faq quickly."

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

Oh people calm the hell down, someone says the word exploit, and you all start crying read the FAQ, the FAQ don't say anything about asking questions about exploits, (Trust me, I have read the damn thing.) It just says this is not a hacking site.

**** the guy, could be compiling an exploit to see how it works. You guys assume to damn much. He hasn't said anything and you guys are accusing the poor bastard of being a 1337 wanna be.

LordWire.... Why does that name sound familiar. Hmm...

I know that name from somewhere.

As for your question, no you don't need DSL to run an exploit, once you get the exploit, it's on your computer, whenever you use it, it's just like running IE it might take a while, but it will run.

Good Point about the posts Whiz...

But, just to catch you up...

He was negged for that question, I greened him to bring him back up because they were just questions and he only had a few posts under his belt....

And if he is that new, then guidance is appropriate because of his question. If he's not, he won't listen anyway.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

********** |ceWriterguy

Cool a cool FYI while we're on topic

The original chip inside the first PC - (by IBM) was Motorola chip serial number 8086. Since the inception of it, chip manufacturers have tried to use the little '86 at the end... PC I was 8186, then came 8286, and so forth. The last chip serialled with '86 was the 486, but since most people associated that '86 with computer power, the next series was named "Pentium" - Intel tried to move off the numbers, and still does so even though we're up to Pentium IV's, they, in truth being 8986's, or 9086 depending on who's chips you're counting.

I know it's a bit redundant, and way moldy, but I hope it added to the discussion a bit.

Be Well!
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!