Thread: Want an AP system for PHPbb?

albn

Talking Want an AP system for PHPbb?

Noia started this project and then decided to hand it off to me. I am working on adding more features and cleaning up the code, but if any of you want to have the code for your own PHPbb board, then you might wanna download the code.

Please be aware this is still in devlopment, and there are a few bugs which are bieng ironed out at the moment. I also have the orginal VBulletin hack that JP prolly based this AP system on, and that's where we grabbed the images from (green, red, etc) but that can be changed to suit your own needs obviously.

So, if you wanna give kudos, give it to Noia. He does not know how popular this mod can be... furthermore, PHPbb is planning a karma system for 2.2, but will be nothing like this one. I tried telling him that, but heh.

Most of the code is working, but there are some tweaks that need to be ironed out including fixing some of the admin features, moving some of the output into the language files, and adding what was in phpbb_config into the admin panel and other stuff. Oh yeah, and documentation might be useful.

here is the SQL Dump:

Code:
    CREATE TABLE `phpbb_karma_posts` (
    `id` mediumint(6) NOT NULL auto_increment,
    `source` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
    `target` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
    `amount` smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0',
    `time` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
    `ip` varchar(15) NOT NULL default '',
    `post` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
    `topic_id` mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0',
    `comment` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
    PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
    ) TYPE=MyISAM;
    and insert into phpbb_users:

Code:
    `karma` smallint(6) NOT NULL default '1',
    and add in your phpbb_config:

Code:
    karma_rate (default 10 (in %))
    karma_active (boolian)
    karma_flood (in seconds, default 30)

Indeed, thanks albn for the coding and whatnot (as well as Noia). I'm planning on creating a messageboard using phpbb's service, only problem is I need someone to handle the coding matters of it (being that my expertise and/or skill's don't lie in php). Thanks for the coding though!
    Space For Rent.. =]

Hmm inserted everything and it seems to work..
    Overall not bad not bad at all, kudos to you both for some great coding..

And spyder if you need some assistance then i'd be happy to help you out. Shoot me a Pm and we'll talk.

f2b:.

Fixed the error, put some code in the wrong spot
    But it's all looking good