pgp keys

Thread: pgp keys

pgp keys

I just downloaded pgp's freeware, version 8.1, and was wondering where i could find a random key generator that would give me a strong key. thanks

\"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.\" - V

IMHO i would suggest to make up a difficult password to generate a key, so that its almost impossible to break down the key.

Have a nice evening

have fun and ride safe

bmw r90 s

IIRC PGP comes with a password-strength meter that shows you relatively how strong your passphrase is as you enter it. That should be more then you need I think... plus why would you need a strong key generator? I mean, you still need the passphrase, and for that you can use basic password selection steps... move out of the alpha-numeric range, try out alternative caps and use some wicked symbols. And don't make a dictionary or slang word to show up in leet speak or anything, most decent wordlists implement those features...

You should have a program called PGPkeys that came with PGP freeware. Check in your start menu for that. When PGPkeys is opened, there is a button all the way left that generates new key pairs. For your password, longer is better. Just pick your 8+ favorite letters and numbers and thats your new password.