AO as a community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AO as a community

er0k

AO as a community

I calculated that if an AO newbie gets negged by a powerful senior, they will receive the message that "AO as a community has decided that you are becoming a problem." well - did the community decide or just one member?

basically, the number for the message to come up should be decreased, (yes as its a negative number, from -50 or whatever to -100 would be a decrease)

i don't know how this could be fixed, because of the ap bans, etc... the only solution i can come up with is to let it alone.. but maybe someone can come up with a better idea to resolve the issue. Im just calling it to attention.

Banned
    How about just getting rid of the message? People who usually end up with red dots at a fast rate of speed usually know right from the get-go when, where, how, & why they've *cough "become a problem" no matter how much they deny it or convince themselves otherwise.

er0k
    or just change the part about "AO as a community" now that i think about it.

er0k good suggestion. My take on it is to change the amount of AP's it takes for you to recieve that message. I know that I myself can put a new member into that state/give them that message and it's not as if I want to (usually I give them a few chances first before pressing the neg button) but IMO the point standard should be lowered. This is a great suggestion, btw.. glad it was thought up and hope it's implemented.
    Space For Rent.. =]

AO French Antique News Whore
    If Jup would finally decided to implend the % of your punch you give, it would help A LOT! It's a VERY easy coding in my view!!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

I was also just wondering if that (variable assignements for APs) was something we decided to implement ... my brain's still a little fuzzy, recovering from my recent vacation, and I'm trying to pick up the thread on some things I was working on before I took off.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

SDK: To implement the idea, I bet it would take a mere minute It's just a matter of the mods/admins agreeing to the idea.
    Space For Rent.. =]

AO French Antique News Whore
    Maybe I'm like my idea too push but I think it's variable assignments for APs would as good to the AP system that SP2 is to Xp! I'll extremely disappointed if the idea is not impends.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

I am still of two minds when it comes to having variable AP's.

I, as most people, like to see my bar flash and would want everyone to give me the maximum amount of AP's they can.......yet there are times when I would like to make a comment and do not wish to assign the max I can hit with. Especially with negatives, as that can hurt to much.

I guess it would boil down to that I would use the variable most often in giving negs than I would use it in giving positives. If a post desearved positive AP's I would hit with my maximum amount and if it desearved negatives then I would be more inclined to neg a post when I could use less than the full amount I hit with.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

The only thing people are looking to be able to control is how many negative APs they assign so they don't neg a newbie to hell with one shot. Obviously I don't have to worry about it but it makes perfect sense to just implement that system for negs. Like after you assign a neg a new box pops up "what % would you like to assign?" or something like that.