sp2 on cd for free

Thread: sp2 on cd for free

sp2 on cd for free

You can get sp2 on cd for free from microsoft (how many times have you seen free and microsoft in the same sentence? )heeereee.( English and German only at the moment) http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...efault810.mspx

Just ordered one for myself.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

hey Thanks, and actually i got quiet a few CD's from them for Free:

The Microsoft Small Business Manager 7.5:[2 CD's]

http://www.interactservices.com/MSSBM/OrderCD/store.asp

Windows Security Update CD:[No longer available]:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu.../cd/order.mspx

Microsoft Security Guidance Kit CD v1.0:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/gu...r/default.mspx

And i also got the EZ Armor LE AV with the Security Update CD. One year free trial.

So i just listed 2 more CD's you guys can order
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

Just ordered, thanx pal but one question i had my automatic update turned on then why I was not informed ? Is there problem with automatic update or it is just one more icon sitting in corner eating my taskbar space?
    It\'s all about sense of power.

Hi,

one question i had my automatic update turned on then why I was not informed ? Is there problem with automatic update or it is just one more icon sitting in corner eating my taskbar space?
    Basically "autoupdate" does just that. It searches for updates and nothing more. Microsoft issue so much that they cannot inform everyone, and a lot of the stuff is not relevant to any particular user because it relates to foreign language editions or software you don't have.

It DOES NOT send you security bulletins (subscribe at the MS site for those) or product update notices or general news.

Cheers

Basically "autoupdate" does just that
    Just sits there? No. Autoupdate can and will catch SP2 but you need to check and see what time you set automatic update to be schedualed for in the configuration.

Pooh old chap, I think one of us has missed his point? (probably me as usual)

I took Rider_Royals question to be why wasn't he informed of the availability of SP2 on CD (given that this thread is about the CD version)............if his autoupdate did not tell him it was available as a download, then it must be something to do with its settings, as you suggest. I do not know if there have been any timing differences due to location/language edition, do you?

I know that this happens with the CD's as I was amazed to see that the security update CD was available in Vietnam 2 days before it was in the UK

Rider_Royal...............has autoupdate provided you with ANY updates so far? and have you checked your autoupdate settings?

I am asking because I am concerned that you might have found a problem in your installation. This is one reson why I am a little wary of automatic updating. People tend to "set it and forget it" and think that they are safe............if it isn't working, that is a very dangerous complacency

A quick check might be to run a manual update and see if there is anything outstanding that should have been updated automatically.

Cheers

The Iceman Cometh
    Got my CD in the mail a couple days ago (ordered it a few weeks ago when MS sent me an e-mail saying it was available). It's a blue CD which is called "Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies". When you first insert the disc (if autorun is enabled), it comes up with a dialog with the same title (I'll try to post a screenshot if I get chance later), and then you click "Next" and it takes you to another screen telling you it's going to install SP2 with a link about SP2 and then it installs it. The CD also has Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 on it (though it's only available for XP. I tried to install it from the CD on Win 2000 and Win 2003 Virtual PCs, and a dialog came up saying the version would only install on Windows XP). There are also a couple other utilities on the CD in a ValueAdd folder (like a citrix client, netbeui, etc.), but they appear to be the exact versions of the ones that came with Windows XP originally, though I may be wrong on that. Anyway, that's what the CD's all about, if anyone's interested.

AJ