Apropo of nothing!

Thread: Apropo of nothing!

Apropo of nothing!

This isn't really an important post, but I'm excited.

For about 3 1/2 years now, I've been a stay at home mom. It's gotten really really boring lately, but I don't want a job where I'm going to have to put my son in daycare after school, and finding a place that would hire me for school hours only, and no weekends, has been impossible.

However!! Today, I was 'hired' as a volunteer at my sons school. I'll be working in the computer lab 5 days a week, running updates, keeping AV's updated, and helping the students with anything they need help with on the computers. In my downtime, I'll be working in the library (the computer lab is in the library). I'm so happy!! Granted there isn't any money involved, but it gives me something to do, something I feel is important to do, and lets me be home with my son in the mornings and afternoons all at the same time. I'm a happy camper this morning!
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Wow, congratulations! Boy, if me and Natalie have kid's I wanna work at the school's computer lab/library. Spend time during the day with the kids, be there schools little network admin.. aww, you got the perfect job for a mother deb! Anyways, I'm really happy for ya and I hope you have as much fun as I envision you having.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Congrats. it was a chance in a million to get a job that "matches" with your family needs!

Spyder: when you have kids (i recommend - have 2) you wont stay with them all time!

hey deb, change your mood from worried to happy now!
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

Hrmm, I'm only going to probably have 1 kid (MAYBE 2 so that the 1 isn't lonely) because I'm kind of an old-fashioned type-o-dude. My girlfriend/soon-to-be wife Natalie and I actually discussed children a few weeks ago and we're still deciding on if we're ready to take on the task of having, taking care of, and raising children.

*sighs* Who know's what's going to happen, and quite frankly I don't think I'm much of a parent person. Anyways, back to the topic at hand: Congrats again Deb.
    Space For Rent.. =]

It was a good day. The nice thing about it is I'm a volunteer, so they can't fire me! I love kids, and it was just lots of fun. Although I spent most of the day explaining to 6 yr olds that they have to remember the password they choose. LOL! I think I'm going to try to come up with a better system for passwords for the little ones, it's not an important security issue for them.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

A bunch of little Amazing Spyder32men running around...there goes the neighborhood...

AngelicKnight: But the key word there -- Amazing
    Space For Rent.. =]

Spyder the only thing you gotta teach 'em is to keep there masks on in public

Oh and Deb's congrats on the volunteer work, hope it all goes well for you..
    Your finally a Volunteer Sys Admin
    [pong]Woot Woot[/pong]