Advertise AO...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advertise AO...

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar

Advertise AO...

Hey, now that AO has its own gear, why not give a free t-shirt to people who are on the top ten AP list? It would motivate people to post good content and you know that top 10 people would certainly wear the t-shirts. For the small amount of money invested, you'd get improvement to the site and plenty of exposure.

What do ya think??

--Th13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

thehorse, if you think JUST because your on the Top Ten list means you deserve a free t-shirt, you got ANOTHER THING COMMIN'! Haha, just kidding.. Actually, I think it's a great idea. You'd get the exposure and it would encourage positive and better posts. Good idea and suggestion (hope ya didn't mind the little joke ).
    Space For Rent.. =]

Hoss,

I go with the advertising AO bit, that is just fine, and I think that JUPM might agree. I also agree with the concept of some exclusivity, as JUPM saying we get 50,000 skiddies visit us each day does not cut as much ice as we get 500 people with budgetary authority/influence visit us.

Two minor problems as I see it:

1. There is one hell of a gap between old members and new members as far as antipoints are concerned, because the "rules" have been changed at least twice AFAIK??????????????

2. Only 10 people.............not much of an advert is it?..............given the population you would want to target.

Good opening concept, but I think that we need to come up with something slightly more sophisticated, I suggest we all give it some thought.

Cheers

Hehe, nihil you crafty bastard Are you implying a Top 20??? I think the Top10 idea is fine.. you make somewhat of a point. But if the Top10 wheres the shirts then AO is getting more exposure. I know the Top10 doesnt change much but still. That's a valid point you have..
    Space For Rent.. =]

Actually no, Spyder,

I had taken Hoss's concept and was trying to develop on it.

Since then my thoughts have been pretty mundane:

T-shirts are OK for school/college and should encourage new members of the right sort, but they will not impact people with spending power/influence today, or practising professionals, because you cannot wear a T-shirt to an executive or budget committee meeting............

Perhaps neckties/scarves/lapel pins?.................unusual ones make a talking point.

I am still thinking about what as well as on what grounds..............

My math so far is like this:

The top ten AP earners probably have at least 8000 APs, and dish out at (say) 80. Now, they don't dish out that often and a newbie would require 100 assignments? from just top 10 people..............in the meantime they (top 10) are getting a few as well, so the newbie would still be behind.

You would have to level the playing field, and as this has not been done with the postwhoring threads, I just cannot see it happening.

Perhaps a more "current performance" approach would be indicated, but APs are dangerous little .gifs...............you could well start up the old "alliances" thing ?

It is a good idea but needs some careful consideration, I think.

How about some sort of contest, like allow a certain amount of time to gather 1000 positive points wins a prize? This way it would not be discriminating to anyone. You could sign up by posting your pos points at that moment and tally the results between contestants after the allotted time is up.

Just a suggestion, my $.02

I like the idea of being able to earn AO goodies.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

nihil: Excellent point, alliances could be reborn again (if they don't exist now). Based on MY math, the Top 10 users are at around 6,000 AP's and dish out between 65-85 AP's although I'm not sure.
    Space For Rent.. =]

So I get a shirt AND a coffee mug right??

I love this idea. I'll wear it to school!

Come on Intmon, you didn't get me **** for my Birthday last year

Banned
    Spyder > your math sucks (it's more like 10,000).

I don't know what JUPM thinks about all this, but I like the idea of members being able to "earn" themselves a shirt. Can I declare this thread open for (more) suggestions as to what should be accomplished to earn free goodies while I put my finger on JUPM's pulse?

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Do I get a free t just for coming up with the idea???? Heh.

Seriously though, any additional exposure can only yield better results for us. I haven't seen AO plugged nearly as much as it used to be in the early days (when I was simply a troll).

Spyder, prepare for haxoris maximus for your awful comments!!!

j/k
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden