Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Having Trouble with Spybot S&D

Having Trouble with Spybot S&D

Hi, Im having trouble with spybot S&D, everytime i run a scan it gets about 3/4 of the way through then stops and i get this:

'' Error During Check!
    Xabot (ungultiger Datententyp fur'') ''

Can anyone try and explain why this keeps happening and a way to stop it? ive tried running the scan during safe mode aswell but the same thing happens.

Any help would be grateful thanks.

You might have a corrupted copy of Spybot. Uninstall it and redownload it and then reinstall and see if that helps.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Thanks, ill give it a try.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    And make sure that you are using version 1.3

And get updates BEFORE you use it for the first time.

Got this from Google:
    http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showtopic=19156

And from that, this:

I have the same problems and the advice here:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com...abot.worm.html

doesnt work due to half the files they tell you to edit not existing on my computer and the ones that do dont have the alterations yet i still have the xabot error message in S&D
    So, you are not alone in this.........
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Ive just checked and im running version 1.3, also about running a corrupt spybot S&D i downloaded it from download.com via the link from the spybot S&D site so im gonna try it from a different site then see how it goes.

Xabot intentionally disables Spybot S&D (and Adaware I believe) try Spysweeper or The Cleaner, they might be able to get it, or you may have to track it down manually and remove it.

-Maestr0
    \"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier

Ive downloaded Spybot from a different source and ran it but i encoutered the same problem, so i downloaded spysweeper checked for updates and ran that, that went ok so i decided to run spybot again but still encountered the same problem involving Xabot.

[QUOTE] Originally posted here by Maestr0
    [B]Xabot intentionally disables Spybot S&D (and Adaware I believe) try Spysweeper or The Cleaner, they might be able to get it, or you may have to track it down manually and remove it.[QUOTE]

Does anyone have even a faintest idea where Xabot might be located? like in the system files or windows folder?

Anyway im off Xabot hunting wish me luck

Thanks

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Ive found a file called wininit.exe is this the trojan or a harmless file? I also found a program called winpopup.exe is this harmless or is this another trojan?

er0k
    http://www.liutilities.com/products/...brary/wininit/

trojan ^

winpopup.exe is not a trojan/virus/worm/anything harmful