View Poll Results: Is Microsoft going to lose lots of money?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

2 28.57%
  • We will have to wait and see.

0 0%
  • Nope!

5 71.43%

Thread: RFC: Making a great security site

RFC: Making a great security site

Here is to hoping I don't get negged for shameless self promotion... I really want some input from all of the other webmasters

I've been spending a lot of time trying to gather content for my web site (Network Security / Tutorials / Book Reviews / Forums / etc) ...Its been a good start so far but I was hoping I could start a thread discussing mothods of getting fresh new content to keep people coming back.

So far I've been going back through all the things *I* learned from and contacting the authors to see if I can include it (with link back and full credit of course) on my site - I've had pretty good responce with this method but some request payment.

I've also contacted many authors and senior members of this site requesting to republish their tutorials on my site (again - great response there).

What are YOUR thoughts on:

- best methods of obtaining interesting, focused content
    [Free content... as this is a free site.. not a business]

- methods of generating activity on forums

- suggestion on 'teaching' methods when it comes to buffer overflows, intrusion detection/prevention, penetration testing, etc.

Thanks for your input,
    Jeremy
    Dyn/Gnosis ~ Powerful/Knowledge
    www.Dyngnosis.com
    Tutorials - Site Penetration Logs - (TheCommunity)Forums - Toolss

Hey site looks good, i just registered ! Nice layout, nice contecnt, it sure would keep me busy for a while ! I know you can't PM me anymore since im banned (MemorY) but if you want to use my tutorials on your site.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hlight=windows
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hlight=windows

go ahead.

And this one from my NemorY account.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hlight=firefox

They're not that good but you know, maybe you want to use them !

edit: You may think about providing a link to the Home Page when we're on the forums or anywhere else on the site.

Neg: Hm, didn't know that, i guess since we're posting it here it's legally theirs ?
    O.G at A.O

Banned
    Just keep in mind that technically, it's JUPM who needs to give permission and not you...

Negative : ummm but if the author gives permission for their tutorials to be used then there really is nothing can do about it(!?) well thats the way I have always taken it - basically Jup say that they ahve the right to reproduce the authors work on other sites (like the security spotlight) but the origonal author also retains full copyright - or am I wrong?

v_Ln

Banned
    Errr... yes... no... maybe... dunno

I can't imagine how Juniper could (or would) take away an authors right to re-distribute their intellectual property... the tutorial is just a representation of that. In anycase.. I provide link backs and full credit to all authors so I dont think they will have an issue... infact.. I've sent a lot of exit traffic to antionline because of those quality tutorials... That said.. it is important to me that this is done 'legit' and if anyone from Juniper media has an issue with it I invite them to contact me via PM or email.

If Juniper makes payment to an author for an article then copyright (ownership) is transferred... as far as I know
    www.Dyngnosis.com

Banned
    Disregard what I said... maybe... and Juniper is a tree (and a networking company); JupiterMedia is the one we're talking about

HAHA, antipoints for you! you made me laugh
    www.Dyngnosis.com