Tabla Beat Science

Thread: Tabla Beat Science

Tabla Beat Science

I urge everybody to either pick up these guys' CDs or download some of their stuff online. It's truely amazing.

The band is called: Tabla Beat Science
    http://www.tablabeatscience.com/

Its basically a percussion band with few, if any, vocals. Its main influence is from the tabla, a drum native to the middle east.

Check it out, its worth your time.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

The tabla is an amazing instument, I saw Zakir Husssian and the masters of percussion (a world recognized master of the tabla) http://www.momentrecords.com/zakir.html a few months ago and he was absolutely astounding. Indian musicians and music are top notch indeed and i will definitely check these guys out.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Zakir Hussain is the lead/master percussionist in Tabla Beat Science

More info here
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi

a drum native to the middle east.
    Tabla is really amazing .........it's a classical music instrument i think native to Indian Sub Continent to be more presice North Indian Classical music.........

Ustad Alla Rakha father of Ustad Zakir Hussain had a big hand in making tabla recognasised as a solo instrument that is capabale taking centerstage........

Zakir Hussain is lately more of experimenting with Tabla mixing it with other musics.........like western and african ..............and had great success in it............these fusions of his are a great hit .

I am a great Fan of Ustad Zakir Hussain ......... but didn't knew he was a part of some band.....i would definately check out Tabla Beat Science CD's

--Good Luck--

Originally posted here by [WebCarnage]
    Zakir Hussain is the lead/master percussionist in Tabla Beat Science

More info here

Heheh, i guess i already have heard them, partially anyways

After seeing the lineup i am very, very interested. Bill Laswell is brilliant and a Dj mixed in to that should be sweet. Karsh Kale is a familliar name also but i cannot place it. This one is probably worth buying even without even a preview/listen.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots