I cant enter safemode !!!

Thread: I cant enter safemode !!!

Red face I cant enter safemode !!!

Im using WINXP PRO and i decided to enter to safemode to scan my pc for viruses ....
    But my problem is this one.
    After pressing F8 at choose safemode with networking and then logged as administrator but when configures its personal settings it suddenly restarts.
    could anyone help in this problem. its giving a hardtime entering at safemode.
    any post guys!!!

Did you try entering safe mode without networking or console.

Did you have any other weird things like that ? Did you try other users ?

A bit of more info would be apreciated.
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?

MoonWolf is right we could do with a bit more information.

If you physically unplug from the network, can you get into safe mode? If you can, and can get into safe mode with network support as well, you might be able to do it by just plugging back into the network whilst you have booted up.

I am trying to figure out whether your problem is local to your machine or not.

Cheers

You can try going to the safe mode command prompt and use some DOS based antivirus softwares.I think AVAST antivirus supports this feature !

Download it here

http://www.download.com/3001-2239-10285256.html

Originally posted here by MoonWolf
    Did you try entering safe mode without networking or console.

Did you have any other weird things like that ? Did you try other users ?

A bit of more info would be apreciated.
    yes i tried entering safe mode without networking and safemode with command prompt
    but it all failed to enter in safemode and i already choose all the users.. still i couldnt enter the safemode.
    any post guys!!

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    actually.. i used to have a problem entering safe mode... everytime i booted up fine... mouse fine.. but as soon as i pressed a key the machine froze completly.... nothing worked cept the restart button.

i know this might seem strange and unusual but it was a really simple and standard keyboard, so try changing keyboards if you can and see how that goes......
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein