Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention, Fraud Alert CIC Credit monitoring

AO Part Timer

Attention, Fraud Alert CIC Credit monitoring

I was just doing some online banking, only to find four charges that didn't add up. These aren't your little dollar or three charges you don't remember. These were $79.95 dollar charges. From a CIC Credit Monitor 8002202626. I know for a fact neither myself nor my wife agreed to these charges.

The run down.

Address:
    ciccreditmonitor.com
    Orange California
    U.S.A.
    Phone Number:
    800-2202626

I am going to be calling these guys first thing in the morning. They are already identifyed on rip off report.com as a scam. So I went ahead and notifyed my bank with all applicable information. I also told them to go ahead and get the fraud report paperwork ready. I notifyed my local attorney, the BBB is next, and then on to the FTC, and CA's Attorney General. Then I will contact local law enforcement about a new scam alert. Then depending on how the phone call is handled tomorrow with this group of scam artists I may have to work up to the CEO of this company. I will be recording my conversation with them tomorrow. If anybody has a handy trick to go from audio casset to electronic I'd like to hear it.
    I hate when things like this happen to anybody. More so at all. But at least I know how to handle this quickly.

People check your checking accounts for a cic creditmonitor 8002022626 w/$79.95 charge. If it might be helpful I'll write a tut on cleaning up from this type of theft. The only part that puzzles me however. The charges show as ATM charges. How did I manage to use my ATM in CA when I live in the midwest. I will keep you guys posted as this progresses.

Once again this is a heads up.
    Your heart was talking, not your mind.
    -Tiger Shark

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    You sure you didn't do one of those free credit check thingies way back....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

AO Part Timer
    You sure you didn't do one of those free credit check thingies way back....
    I was laid off last year. One of the few benefits was free reports from the three credit bureas. I spoke to the misses again today. No possible chance she did it. I was unable to contact the company today. I will be happy to ask them what exactly I paid for and how exactly the charges came to exist first thing Monday morning. I'll keep you posted, if your interested of course.

Call No. 2: Turn cassettes into CDs
    Jerry from Watkinsville, Ga., phoned to ask how to digitize his old cassette tapes.

To convert the audio on your cassette from analog to digital, you need a standard tape player and a sound card with line-in.

Connect your tape player to your sound card's line-in terminal with a 1/8-inch minijack.
    Install Musicmatch Jukebox and set it to record the line-in channel as a WAV file.
    Press play on your tape deck and Record on Musicmatch.

Now you can burn your WAV file to CD or convert it to MP3.

If you need to clean up your audio tracks to get rid of pops and hisses, use Magix audio cleaning lab or Roxio Spin Doctor, included in Easy Media Creator, Easy CD & DVD Creator, and Toast.
    Source: http://www.g4techtv.com/callforhelp/..._Security.html
    It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious. - Murphy

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Dopey: Yeah, keep us updated.... I'm interested.

Talking of "scams" though this one is hardly a scam it is some azzholes trying to circumvent the law and it peeves the hell outta me.... I'm on the Do not call list for telemarketers and it has proved quite effective. Yesterday the phone rang and there was the usual 2 seconds of silence before the chap answered so I know it was a Tele-moron but expected a charity or a political party which are allowed. The guy on the other end piped up and asked for Charles. I told him "wrong number mate". Oh he replied there isn't a Charles or (I forget the gals name he used), Smith, (or whatever), there? Nope I replied.. Oh, then maybe you can help me he said, are you the head of the household.... GOODBYE!!!! I sat back thinking jeez now they are trying to circumvent the do not call list by claiming that you weren't called directly... wankers.... Twenty minutes later a different chap called and asked for the same couple.... I blew him out, told him that his mickey mouse outfit couldn't coordinate **** since they had only called me twenty minutes ago with the same stupid script asking for the same stupid people and that if his company called me again I would be calling law enforcement.... The bastard put the phone down on me..... But he did listen right up to the end...
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

AO Part Timer
    Small update. I have made a few attempts to call the 1800 220 2626 number. Apparently because of high call volume they are unable to answer my call. Before they were just closed. I looked up the 800 number on tollfreeda.com. I entered the three names I've found tied to these folks to no luck.

I ran a whois on ciccreditmonitoring.com and consumerinfo.com to no real help. It helped if I want to go to California. Or perhaps send a letter.

OrgName: Consumerinfo.com
    OrgID: CONSUM-27
    Address: One City Blvd. West, Suite 401
    City: Orange
    StateProv: CA
    PostalCode: 92868
    Comment:
    RegDate: 2000-09-14
    Updated: 2003-09-24

AdminHandle: ASNAD2-ARIN
    AdminName: ASN Administrator
    AdminPhone: +1-949-567-3600
    AdminEmail: dnsadmin@consumerinfo.com

TechHandle: ASNAD2-ARIN
    TechName: ASN Administrator
    TechPhone: +1-949-567-3600
    TechEmail: dnsadmin@consumerinfo.com

The bank is cooperating to the fullest extent. I called about this on Saturday. They filled the paperwork out for me. All I had to do was show up this morning to sign it. They are going to process this back to the Visa debit card. Visa will pass the billing dispute to the CIC Credit folks. If they wish to dispute with me they will have to reply. My attorney told me the best thing to do at this point is wait for a reply from Visa. If the company wishes to dispute, then we will file a small claims in a court of law. Then we will see exactly where they stand.

All of this is fine, but not one of those people seemed interested in fixing the problem. Nobody was interested in taking this company out. They are only interested in fixing this case to case. I want to make sure this doesn't happen to anybody else. So I sent an email to the FTC we'll see where that gets me.

As for fraud and scam. Scam is what 99% of the people claimed happened to them from this company via ripoffreport.com. Free credit report, verify yourself with account info. People got charged anyway. Yesterday my wife remembered, I but her debit card away. So there is no possible way she used it. I know I haven't used that card online ever. I have a few cards I use that are 100% protect against fraud. So we will see. I hope these people wish to dispute these charges.
    Your heart was talking, not your mind.
    -Tiger Shark

watch out when you get them on the phone

I just had the same issue today and when I called them they tried everybride in the book to get me to keep the service. Their website is Consurmerinfo.com and 90% of the time your user ID is not recognized which makes this a not so useful service even if you do want to continue to monitor credit ratings.

FYI - they did cancel future billings but would not provide any past credit.

I hope you have better luck than I did - I only have 1 service billing at <$30.

hi, sorry I was doing a search on this CIC, it seems they have been withdrawing money from my account each month without my permission. so I was wondering if you had heard anything back, my bank put a stop payment to this people, but it looks like they have been doing this for awhile..that will teach me to pay attention to my bank statement. I appreciate any information. Thank you

Jesus! how many people are gettin ripped-off from these bastards ?

/edit: Did a little looking up on these guys, and the (supposed) parent company (Experian) seems to be legit. In fact, it is one of the 3 nation-wide companys that are required to provide credit reports under federal law requiring major credit reporters to provide a free credit report once every year.

You may want to contact them in regards to this.

the expirain website has no information on ciccreditmonitor but it does have some info on consumerinfo ...

ciccreditmonitor seems to be hosted off of hitfarm.com...

They seem to have some affiliation with targetedtraffic.com which I wouldn't trust at all... (they seems to be some shady people)

just a little info for ya
    Then again. Alot of this is opinion...
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool - Good Ole Bill Shakespeare

thank you for the info and I understand it is an opinion, but from what I am hearing talking to other people it seems these people have been ripping people off for sometime and there are a lot of them..the most common thing is when you log into a free credit report they ask for information, like your credit card etc..saying it will not be billed unless you decide to become a member...also I have never had a credit report done online. I get mine through my bank, but that seems to be how others have gotten taken in..my bank is doing some checking to see if they can find out how they got my information, when online the only thing I use is paypal.. maybe that is not as safe as I thought.

again thanks