Hack Attacks Revealed

Thread: Hack Attacks Revealed

Thumbs up Hack Attacks Revealed

Hack Attacks Revealed by John Chirillo is one the best books for learning hacking.Its

a huge book of about 915 pages published by Wiley books.The book begins with the Hackers

Manifesto By MindGame which is quite "inspiring".The books starts off with TCP/IP .The

topics are covered with great depth.The author gives an account of the various exploits

in different OS's.The book's got a hacking coding section for learning C .This section is really

disorganised and is definitely not meant for first timers.There is a chapter dealing with

the various legal actions a hacker will have to face when caught.There's also a lot of literature

in the book regarding hacking and its ethics.For people who don't have much time on their

hands to read the complete book,the author has made a chapter which contains the entire

book material in brief.The free cd which with the book comes with Tiger Suite and a whole lot

of other tools like wardialers,spoofers etc.Tiger Suite is devastatingly cool .The suite consists

of a portscanner,sniffer and other tools including a server simulator .The book is priced at

about 40$ and is definitely worth it.

Check it out here

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...93719620/sr=8- 1/ref=pd_ka_1/002-9648897-1489609?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Banned
    Greetings All:

Let me start off by saying that in all fairness, I haven't read this book. However, for those of you considering it, may I offer a bit of blanket advice?

If a book starts with the "Hacker Manifesto" (which was written HOW long ago?) and ends with wardialers (which are HOW useful these days for criminals?), it's not worth the paper it was printed on.

Books like this are a dime a dozen these, and many contain nothing more than the old AntiCode archives on their CDs, and dozens of tutorials and articles ripped from around the web.

Banned
    The book begins with the Hackers Manifesto By MindGame which is quite "inspiring".
    Didn't The Mentor write the Hacker Manifesto, aka The Conscience of a Hacker?

Yeah the Mentor did write the Manifesto ... But this one is kindda different by Mind Game

I liked the ending ...

" Microsoft asked me where i wanted to go today ...

The only place where i want to go is

Straight to tommorow

I am a hacker of the future and this is my Manifesto ... "

Hmm... The book isn't Outdated. The language is really neat and all the information thats

contained in it is focussed on network security. The author just uses small intermissions to

include stuffs like the hacker's manifesto...

Kinda seems like another version of Hacking exposed.
    00110001 01101101 00100000 00110101 00110000 00110000 00100000 00110001 00110011 00110011 00110111