Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AIM chat rooms?

AIM chat rooms?

Today, me and some friend's came across a bunch of *******s in an AIM chatroom who were somehow banning and kicking people at will. I thought they might just be using AOL so I went onto AOL and tried to get into the same chat room, but it was empty. Now, what I'm wondering is what exactly these guys were doing, beacuse I was looking around a bit and other people can seem to do this too. Are they using "progs" or just some "secret commands" for chat rooms, or maybe the beta 5.9 or whatever of AIM? I'm also wondering if I can prevent myself from being banned somehow?

Have you seen any new IM messages poping up ? They may be using flooders/spammers which kick you offline. And about the AOL thing, i know you can't access AIM rooms via AOL, just like you can't access AOL rooms via AIM, i believe ! There are tons of programs out there, in a recent thread there aas site mentioned http://lenshell.com i checked it out and they have tons of programs to do such things, they also have anti-programs for those program you might wanna take a look around that site ! There are no secret commands to kick people out of chatrooms ! They are probably just using some exploit in AIM !
    O.G at A.O

As ©opy®ight stated, they are using an AIM Booter of sort's to kick people off. To go into further detail, they are using a program they downloaded and ran which exploits coding in AIM. I remember something similiar for MSN which booted people off by running code which exploited the header of a conversation window so it could be something similiar.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Are you sure that you are running an updated client?

Are you sure that you are running an updated client?
    Excellent point, Soda. Most of the updated clients (to my knowledge) have updated and fixed that little hole that they used to have. I know my client is patched from that kinda thing, and I run different instances of AIM on three seperate machines.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Yeah, I'm using the most recent version (not beta). And what it says when I'm booted is something like "the creater of this room does not want you here. Please close this window." And they were using IRC-like commands like "+k 'name' " and it'd boot people.

Viper2026: Can you give me the name of the chatroom? I'll do some "beta-testing" of myself and see what's up. But AFAIK on the latest AIM release that little flaw is fixed.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Yeah, I'm using the most recent version (not beta). And what it says when I'm booted is something like "the creater of this room does not want you here. Please close this window." And they were using IRC-like commands like "+k 'name' " and it'd boot people.
    Ok this is what im thinking !

In AOL 8.0 and 9.0 i think they introduced Chat Rooms Owners, whoever created the chatroom has the power to kick people out of it and keep them kicked out untill they remove them from the list. I think you entered an AOL chatroom where there is a ownder and he's being gay, now for other people kicking out people, there is a program the owner can use (available on lenshell.com) to give owner power to other people by simply using commands similar to IRC commands. I used to play around with that when i had AOL and i had a program that used IRC commands to kick people off and assign OP power to other users but only if you are the owner of the room in the first place.

On the other hand, maybe you didn't enter an AOL chatroom, maybe they just added the "Owner" feature to AIM now !

Ok i just visited blah and yes they are using the "Chat Room Owner" features ! Cant do nothing about it since they created the chat, its like in IRC, if the OP bans you, you stay banned !
    O.G at A.O

The 2 that I am aware of are "chat4" and "blah"
    I have been banned from both of them and can't be bothered to create a new screenname.

Originally posted here by ©opy®ight
    Ok this is what im thinking !

In AOL 8.0 and 9.0 i think they introduced Chat Rooms Owners, whoever created the chatroom has the power to kick people out of it and keep them kicked out untill they remove them from the list. I think you entered an AOL chatroom where there is a ownder and he's being gay, now for other people kicking out people, there is a program the owner can use (available on lenshell.com) to give owner power to other people by simply using commands similar to IRC commands. I used to play around with that when i had AOL and i had a program that used IRC commands to kick people off and assign OP power to other users but only if you are the owner of the room in the first place.

On the other hand, maybe you didn't enter an AOL chatroom, maybe they just added the "Owner" feature to AIM now !
    That's the interesting thing, I signed onto AOL 9.0 and entered the same chat rooms. but they were empty.