Detecting Medical Fraud on a Floppy?Help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Detecting Medical Fraud on a Floppy?Help!

Detecting Medical Fraud on a Floppy?Help!

Hi everyone newbie here. I need some advice /somehelp.
    A doctor who I am suing in criminal court here in south america who wrote a fake clinical history and altered pictures and the time and date on the floppy disc to match... can anyone help me with this???? It says on the disc . . .

Date created May 11
    Date Modified Feb 24

My question how is the date modified earlier on in the year? Is this possibe? Or was this altered?
    He obviously did this so it would coberate his bogus medical history but how did he do this? The date stamp on the my picture say Feb 24 ....???

Any input it would be a HUGE help....!

Also is anyone here really good at detecting airbrushing..he´s a novice and not a good one. I see some obvious buffering on the scars of my face ...would be able to offer thier opinion on this later on I would also really appreciate it. This doctor was a phony one who put me under general anesthsia and hired another docotr to do the work cuz he had no idea. The doctor he hired ruined my face ..and disfigured it pretty badly. It tough being an american suing in a foreign country ..sigh so I am looking for all the evidnece and proof that I can get off of this floppy...

Ciao and thanks a mil in advance!

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    First off; sorry about the incident, hope all is well with your health! What country is this?
    I don't think tampering with the evidence is a good idea! Make a copy of the disk and give the first one to your lawyer? Stupid question-- do you have one? You should call around in Washington to find out if they can give you some help. One American sueing in a foriegn country: they won't listen to you! But a superpower saying "What the hell is going on here", will definately wake some people up!

My question how is the date modified earlier on in the year?
    Do you mean that the pic was lets say made in may 2004 and then the pic date now says Feburary 2004? Then if thats true, he probably changed the date on his computer when making the picture! Or some date spoof, which I know nothing about!

Hope all works out for you!
    -bis bald

If you want to maintain forensic integrity, hire someone to do it for you. Don't touch the disc anymore, and get a professional to take care of it. Last thing you need is to have your evidence thrown out.

I'm all for the DIY attitude, but not during a lawsuit.

Hi thanks guys this has been a totaly nightmare! I will def get someone to help me with this all ....in DC.I am in Colombia...

can anyone take a quick look and tell me if this picture is digitally altered or not? It look to me like he def used the buffer / soften tool on PSP a little to much on the scar. Can you tell? The scar doesn´t look right and the skin is raised wierd at the edge! Or can anyone tell me a good message baord where there are a lot of pros on the subject?

Thanks a mil guys

You might get better help if you post it at http://www.webmd.com

BTW u need to attach the pic and please make sure its in JPG format.

OK thanksa mil!!!! here it is!
    http://www.geocities.com/deeluz711/alter.html

hum, you dont know if the picture was altered?

btw, foresync guys will be able to detect changes on digital photos. they can tell in 10 sec if its real or a fake one. just go the court
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

It look pretty buffered to me....but I am not 100 percent sure
    Yes I know this..that a foresics person will be able but I am in Colombia and they are kinda backwards down here and money talks. In other words these creeps can offer the judge or the fiscal money and boom the disk disappears ..sound crazy but it´s true. I jsut want to know for sure if that makes any sense before I hand this disk over to any authorities...
    Thanks for your input!

Also...maybe I should bring this up:

How do we know if you're the "victim"? You could be the doctor getting sued and want to check if the picture you "altered" can be noticed .

Let the court and professionals handle it or you'll get burned.