Dvd Copying

Thread: Dvd Copying

Dvd Copying

I never did this before so I was wondering best method for doing this. I have a DVD+R Drive does that mean I have to use DVD+R discs to record? At the store they have 50 piece dvd-r I was wondering if that would work and anyones thats what my dvd player says I need to play. Any recommened software to use in order to create a fully functional image of a dvd that will fit on the blank dvdr's. A link to a tutorial or guide or just a quick go by for making backups for movies would be greatly appreciated.

R means read W means write - and + are the media format and DL is dual layer another media format. From this you can infer that writing a dvd will not work witout a DVD RW drive. http://www.doom9.org/ is a very good site for dvd info. DVDdecryptor is a very nice free win product for decrypting dvds
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

if your DVD burner is a +R, then you have to use +R media. some DVD burners are +/- so it won't matter which you use. Mine is a +R but my pop has a stand alone component that is -R.

I use dvdshrink to compress my dvds. I normally remove all the crap though.

Look @ http://antionline.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=261052

I posted a tutorial I found that is great for copying your DVDs.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.