What does this mean?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does this mean?

What does this mean?

THE BOOS THAT ROCKED THE VOTE: KERRY DAUGHTERS RECEIVE RUDE AWAKENING AT MTV AWARDS

MTV, ROLLING STONE and the rock and roll establishment -- past and present -- have cast their vote, and their man is John Kerry.

So on Sunday night when John Kerry's daughters were announced to speak at the annual MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS, the MTV youth were expected to welcome his daughter's as pop culture princesses.

Instead, in an era of the unexpected, the daughters of the Democratic candidate were met with a resounding wall of boos at the filming in Miami.

From the moment Alexandra and Vanessa started speaking, the boos outweighed anything close to cheers, and the reaction turned worse when the daughters asked the VIACOM youth to vote for their father. So shocked by the reaction, the taller of the two daughters tried to 'shhhhhh' her peers to no avail.

http://www.drudgereport.com/kerrymtv.htm

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Are the majority of youth against kerry or against politics at the music awards?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I don't think music awards should become involved in any way with politics. It should be about the music, and the talented people that bring it to us.

i totally agree. (i dont know if you,ve heard alice cooper speak on musicians and politics) but are you speaking as a youth or is this an adult opinion?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I am 21 , everything these days is political or not politically correct or you can't do that because such and such or whatever. So to have something that is just fun and has nothing to do with politics is awesome

Originally posted here by fyrewall
    I don't think music awards should become involved in any way with politics. It should be about the music, and the talented people that bring it to us.
    [rant]VMA's and talented musician's don't exactly fit together but whatever There are very few talented musician's left that are stupid enough to sumbit themselves to MTV. Limp Bizkit is a perfect example of what happens when you sumbit yourself to their power... They used to be awesome, now they are just another pop/rock band with boring, generic lyrics...[/rant]
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

I watched the replay of the speech, and what I found ironic is that the Bush daughters were not pushing an agenda. All the girls were doing was encouraging young adults to vote.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    I just watched 'Bowling for Columbine' by M Moore. In it he was asking Marylin Manson his views on why HE was being vilified, when on that same date the US had launched its biggest bombing raids in the Bosnian war ......... His comments were at odds with his appearance, and he impressed me with his arguments. And he would be [possibly] the ONLY musician I could vote for ............

Generally, I find that just because someone can write a pop song, doesn't make them the fountain of all knowledge for the youth of the world.

And as a general rule I would suggest that music and politics should NEVER mix ............

Politicos want the 'street cred' from association with the coolest fad of the day, and the music meisters just want to be seen as 'serious' people, whose opinions count ..........
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

You know FoxeyLoxey, I think that you may be on to something here. If we can create an environment where the separation of entertainment and state is of a governing concern, this would offset the seperation of church and state governing concern. Thereby puting the entertainment industry, which pushes (and crosses) the boundaries of moral correctness; on the same footing as Christianity which seeks to limit (unsuccessfully) the boundaries of moral correctness.

Good Idea Foxy.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

AFAIK the Bush daughters were booed as well.

Banned
    Greetings:

I'd bet 10:1 the Bush Campaign paid some of the washed up performers sitting in the audience to boo and hiss. Some of them haven't had a hit in a looong time, and I'd bet cocaine isn't getting any cheaper....

Or, even more probable, perhaps he promised some of them that if they did boo and hiss good 'ole John Ashcroft would help to make some of their legal problems go away. Was Michael Jackson or RKelly in the audience?