France

Thread: France

France

in accordance with a long standing tradition france surrendered to iraqi terrorists who are opposed to the dress code in french schools.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The group has demanded Paris end its ban on headscarves in state schools by Monday evening

"Everything has been done and everything will be done in the hours and days to come to make sure that happens," Chirac said in a televised address.

http://interestalert.com/brand/sitei...r=World%20News

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

not that a dress code is worth the lives of two people but the ability of a nation to make and stand by its decisions should count for something. i think its referred to as sovereignty
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Tedob1,
    Do you really belive that article? If you want inteligent journalisim try the BBC site (British broadcasting company). Here is what Chirac really said

"Tout est fait et tout sera fait dans les heures et les jours qui viennent" pour obtenir ces libérations, a martelé Jacques Chirac.

Properly translated it reads " Everything is been done and will be done over the next couple of hours and days" to ensure their liberation , stressed Jacques Chirac. This was followed with an affirmation that the law will be inforced from thursday with the start of the new school year.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

i came back to post this:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    "The law will be applied," spokesman Jean-Francois Cope told Canal Plus television Monday, saying that France would not compromise its national values in the pursuit of winning the hostages' release.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/wire/World...40830_245.html

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

it's amazing how something out of context can be so misleading. i appolagise to you!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Banned
    Update on this one: the ultimatum expired tonight, and was prolonged by 24 hours by the "Islam Army" (the group responsible for the earlier killings of one Italian and two Pakistani's).
    On Thursday (the first day of school in France) the law will be applied no matter what, according to Chiraq yesterday and a government representative again today.

This might get interesting: a while ago (when they started speaking about this law) the French muslim community got on the streets to protest the law. Today, they got on the streets to demand the release of the hostages and to distance themselves from the hostage-takers, along with other religious leaders, and representatives from both the left and the right.
    Barnier (minister of foreign affairs) is travelling to the Middle-East to clarify the government's stance on the law.

********** |ceWriterguy
    Now please, educate the unenlightened... Why on Earth would a terrorist group even give 2 cents worth of concern to a school dress code? Are they teenage terrorists or something? I completely fail to understand this. Perhaps Chirac should spank the naughty children and send them to bed with no supper, then make them wear disposable diapers for a bit...
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Banned
    The discussion about muslim women being allowed to wear veils is a discussion that's taking place in almost any country right now... it's a concern to them, that's for sure. Didn't they have the same discussion a while ago in NYC when Indian police officers demanded to be allowed to wear their turbans at work? Big deal to them

I think it is a fairly good thing at the very worst you, for once have the muslims, jews, Catholics and protestants all demostrating about the same thing. The Law basically forbids all religious icons in the public education system. It also pis**ed off the left that they didnt try to bring it in.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Indian police officers demanded to be allowed to wear their turbans at work
    Not Indian: Sikh. I know they ARE Indian, but to them it is a VERY big deal. In the UK, the Sikh does not have to wear a crash hat on a motor cycle, small point I know, but it IS a law for them ONLY.

The Law basically forbids all religious icons in the public education system.
    I was under the impression that the USofA also had a similar separation of education and religion.
    A damn good idea IMVHO.

In the UK, we have Catholic / Jewish / Muslim / any other theocracy only schools, we also have C of E schools which take anyone, and they ALL want to wear their own religious tat. And I, for one, feel that it would serve the children better if they were EDUCATED at school, and any religious fol de rol was left to home time and holidays ..............

I've recently started to work as network admin support for several schools, private, catholic and state, they all would be better served taking care of the pupils, not wasting time and resources teaching superfluous lessons.

As far as I can remember, the churches ARE open on a Sunday ?
    Well the schools are SHUT then. So no problem there then ..........
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone