Thread: Cant play WMVs

Cant play WMVs

does anyone know of a worm or troajan that wont let u play WMVs, i can play everything but those files now, windows media player crashes down everythime after opening those files and its not just on one file but on all .wmv files, thanks in advance for any help

What does your system logs say? You should see some reference to it in either the application log or system log. Most likely in the application log.

BTW: What version of Windows and what version of media player?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

The Iceman Cometh
    It sounds like something's been corrupted in your Windows Media Player. First try reinstalling it. If that doesn't work, I know there are sometimes problems with Windows Media Audio and Video files and various codecs floating around. For instance, an old version of a specific divx codec would cause Windows Movie Maker to crash whenever a client tried to add audio. Have you installed any codecs? If so, try uninstalling those. That may fix the problem.

AJ

yea i installed many codecs for playing the various movies i got so ill try and uninstall a few and see if that works

The Iceman Cometh
    My recommendation. Uninstall all the codecs and install K-Lite Codec Pack (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...Codec_Pack.htm). I personally haven't had any problems with any of the codecs installed by it, nor have I run into a movie that couldn't be played.

AJ

This is the cheesiest/dumbest excuse for getting a tech support request onto the front page i have ever seen.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Just so noone else gets bitchy about my post , this was posted in microsoft SECURITY and was moved to here .
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

uhhh lumpy u really shouldnt talk about stuff u have no clue about alright? guess who makes WMP...microsoft does so next time just keep ur big mouth shut and think it through a lil bit