Thread: MSN Error.?.

Angry MSN Error.?.

Ok i booted up my XP box earlier and everything loaded up fine like it should, anyhow i go to close MSN messenger and i keep on getting this error.

There are other applications currently using features provided by Windows Messenger. You must close these other application before you can exit windows messenger. These applications may include Outlook, Outlook Express, MSN Explorer, and Internet Explorer.
    But the funny thing is that i don't have any of these programs/ Applications running..
    So i am finding it hard to work out what making this happen..
    I've updated nortan and ran a full system scan, run adaware and spybot. And ran the cleaner as well, and they all came up clear so i've eliminated that it's nothing evil..

I've also tried using spybot's tools to disable it from starting up at startup but with no success so now i'm just clutching straw to figure out what's up with this.

So does anyone have any ideas on what this might be, or how to stop it.?. cause i'd sure like to know.

Anyhow Screen shot attached..

f2b:.

I get that ALL the time.

Simple solution:

Open your task manager... right click on process and end task.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

msmsgs.exe i believe is using it ! However if you dont use the messanger at all. Enable Show Hidden Files and Folders and go to Windows-> inf folder, then open sysoc.inf

[Components]
    NtComponents=ntoc.dll,NtOcSetupProc,,4
    WBEM=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,wbemoc.inf,7
    Display=desk.cpl,DisplayOcSetupProc,,7
    Fax=fxsocm.dll,FaxOcmSetupProc,fxsocm.inf,,7
    NetOC=netoc.dll,NetOcSetupProc,netoc.inf,,7
    iis=iis.dll,OcEntry,iis.inf,,7
    com=comsetup.dll,OcEntry,comnt5.inf,7
    dtc=msdtcstp.dll,OcEntry,dtcnt5.inf,7
    IndexSrv_System = setupqry.dll,IndexSrv,setupqry.inf,,7
    TerminalServer=TsOc.dll, HydraOc, TsOc.inf,h2
    msmq=msmqocm.dll,MsmqOcm,msmqocm.inf,,6
    ims=imsinsnt.dll,OcEntry,ims.inf,,7
    fp_extensions=fp40ext.dll,FrontPage4Extensions,fp40ext.inf,,7
    AutoUpdate=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,au.inf,7
    msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,hide,7
    RootAutoUpdate=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,rootau.inf,,7
    IEAccess=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,ieaccess.inf,,7
    Delete the bold part, save file, then go to Add/Remove Program and Click 'Remove Windows Components, scroll down and you'll see Windows Messanger, uncheck it, and click next, restart your computer, Messanger is gone and error message with it
    O.G at A.O

damn after all that all i had tah do was end the stupid process...
    BUGGER

thanks phish

f2b:.

*EDIT*

Thanks for the tip also CopyRight.. I'll keep that info lying around just in case it does it again..