Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Removing IE from the desktop

Its not that huge of a program !
    That's why I've been hesitant to remove it because it's not even worth it that much. I'm looking to always clear drive/disk space and everything and removing it won't do anything really.
    Space For Rent.. =]

If you remove IE from the add/remove components it will remove it from the start menu and desktop ... thats all

well, the program indeed isn't that big. and i really doubt if you can completely uninstall it. cause when you use a tool like xplite, you also have the possibility to reinstall it again, so it has to be kept somewhere...

i would do the following: use add/remove programs, then remove all links from it in the registry and then remove the folder in the program files. this way i'm almost positive that it is completely gone...

http://www.tweakxp.com/display.aspx?id=1241

this tweak shows you how to remove internet explorer completely it is however a fair bit of hassle, you need to have at least 2 os installed on the machine etc.. go have a read ...

once you have done it however you could ghost one machine and dump the image on all since you are doing this for a school?

That's why I've been hesitant to remove it because it's not even worth it that much.
    Yeah but some of the IE security risks go away as well with the removal of IE !
    O.G at A.O

Yeah but some of the IE security risks go away as well with the removal of IE !
    Wow, you thought that up by yourself? LMAO.. no ****in' **** man. Not using IE alone get's rid of the risks, but sure.
    Space For Rent.. =]

can XPlite run on NT4 and Win2K?

fruck fyrewall, ghost is the answer if i can get IE off one machine. Ill see how we go.

Thanks,

can XPlite run on NT4 and Win2K?
    i would say, give it a try : here's the link.
    ;-)