12 or 96 Transmeta Efficeon processors

Thread: 12 or 96 Transmeta Efficeon processors

Talking 12 or 96 Transmeta Efficeon processors

A co-worker pointed me to this site..

My keyboard is getting covered with drewl

http://arstechnica.com/news/posts/20040830-4142.html
    http://www.orionmulti.com/products/
    Orion's DS-96 deskside Cluster Workstation has 96 nodes with 300 gigaflops (Gflops) peak performance (150 Gflops sustained), up to 192 gigabytes of memory and up to 9.6 terabytes of storage. It consumes less than 1500 watts and fits unobtrusively under a desk. Orion's DT-12 desktop Cluster Workstation has 12 nodes with 36 Gflops peak performance (18 Gflops sustained), up to 24 gigabytes of DDR SDRAM memory and up to 1 terabyte of internal disk storage. (1) The DT-12 consumes less than 220 watts and is scalable to 48 nodes by stacking up to four systems.

Orion DT-12
    It has 12 nodes, 36 Gflops peak processing performance (18 gigaflops sustained*), 24 gigabytes of DDR SDRAM memory, and 1 terabyte of internal disk storage. It plugs into a standard 15A wall-socket, consumes a peak of 220 watts, and is about the same size as a PC.

Orion DS-96
    It has up to 96 nodes, 300 Gflops peak processing performance (150 gigaflops sustained*), 192 gigabytes of DDR SDRAM memory, and 9.6 terabytes of internal disk storage. It plugs into a standard 15A wall-socket, consumes a peak of 1500 watts, and fits unobtrusively beneath a desk.

(1) Orion Cluster Workstation performance statements are based on the Linpack benchmark.
    I'd so like to get my hands on one of these..
    Perhaps if I sell my house. . . .
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Damn that's some fine machinery there developing..

anyone wanna purchase a house for 100k.?.

other then that i couldn't see myself seeing nor purchasing one of those baby's for a long long time