A Europeans point of view.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Europeans point of view.

A Europeans point of view.

I wrote this as a reply to the 48% thread but it got closed before i finished.
    A european's point of view:

About abortion:
    You can be opposed to abortion but you have to face reality, abortion WILL take place so you can best regulate it. This way you can gain information about who is having one and give that group more education about preventing. This will cause a better long term effect imo.
    Abortion is bad, don't get me wrong but instead of trying to ban it, there should be a more structural fix.
    Op een geheel ander vlak stelde zich, in het voorjaar 1990, een constitutioneel probleem. Begin april keurden Kamer en Senaat een wetsvoorstel goed tot liberalisering van abortus. Op 30 maart had Koning Boudewijn aan de eerste minister schriftelijk meegedeeld dat hij, de derde tak van de Wetgevende Macht, volgens zijn geweten deze wet niet kon bekrachtigen.

Op grond van artikel 82 (thans artikel 93) van de grondwet, stelde de ministerraad vast dat de Koning in de onmogelijkheid was om te regeren. In dat geval oefent de ministerraad de grondwettelijke macht van de Koning uit. Deze raad bekrachtigde de abortuswet (3 april 1990) en kondigde ze af. Op 5 april beslisten de Verenigde Kamers dat aan de onmogelijkheid tot regeren een einde was gekomen, zodat de Koning zijn grondwettelijke prerogatieve opnieuw kon uitoefenen.
    Perhaps Negative can shed a light on that cuz I can not find a proper translation.

About gay marriage:
    Perhaps it should not be called this way.
    But face it, homosexual humans are here to stay. They deserve the same rights as others.
    Stuff like buying houses and inheritance and sofort.
    So create a law to give these people their rights to share their lives with one and other on an equality basis.

About wars:
    Afghanistan and the Taliban were targets of the west before 9/11.
    The taliban was in the news regularly, perhaps someone recalls this:
    n a display of extreme prejudice against the Hazara people the Taliban have destroyed two of the world's tallest ancient statues of Buddha in Bamyan, Afghanistan
    http://www.hazara.net/hazara/geograp...ha/buddha.html
    Noone saw what was comming.

Iraq: There were a lot of protest against this war but keep in mind that people who were in favour of the war had no need to protest.
    Once again face it, sadam called 9/11 'the mother of all attacks' . He was mistreating his own people by keeping all the 'food for oil' he had to himself. The west delivered the weapons of mass destruction to him (before he became an outcast) so they new some bout what he should have had. They gave him a list with weapons he had to give intel about and (with his last minute input) he failed to comply.
    Resolution 1441 was vague about the actions that would be performed if sadam would fail to comply once again. This is what caused Germany and France to oppose the action performed by the USA.
    About the WMD's
    The Associated Press announced that UNMOVIC inspectors have found dozens of engines from banned al-Samoud 2 (SA2) missiles, which were shipped out of Iraq as “scrap metal.” Most recently, UNMOVIC agents found 20 SA-2 engines in Jordan, along with a great deal of other WMD materials. Officials discovered an identical engine in a Rotterdam port in the Netherlands and believe as many as a dozen extra SA-2 missile engines alone have been transported out of Iraq and remain unaccounted for. Inspectors believe at least some of these engines have also reached Turkey and hope to search Turkish ports in the near future.
    http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...e.asp?ID=13835
    I think the USA sortof lost track of some of the WMD's, which is a shame offcourse since it was the primary reason to fight this war.

North-Korea: I have heard several americans talk about North-Korea as if they could walk over it like Afghanistan or Iraq. They are wrong imo. North Korea lies in a much more difficult area (strategic wise), they have at least mid-range missiles which would impose a big threat to ships.
    They have a highly motivated army because that is about the only job that actually pays some money. The best way to win this war is diplomatic imo.

From my european point of view I find it disturbing that whenever one has some sort of critisism agains our allie, the usa, one gets viewed as being anti-american.
    A good friend is one that tells you the truth no matter what, puppet governments are not a basis of a stable relationship.
    One thing the terrorist like to see is a devide between europe and the usa.

One more thing:
    Was the cure for the mad cow disease (kill themm and burn them) medevil?

No offense to any gay's out there (JP's the only one I know of, but still..) but gay marriage isn't really that big an issue. If anything, the media's been playing it out to be a trend if anything else.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Banned
    Originally posted here by Spyder32
    No offense to any gay's out there (JP's the only one I know of, but still..) but gay marriage isn't really that big an issue. If anything, the media's been playing it out to be a trend if anything else.
    Depends what you believe my friend. Any highly religious person will completely disagree with you... and even though the media has over played fags getting married, it is quite an issue as you would see if an anti-fag marriage ammendment was proposed.

God's Whore

Umm, I'm a somewhat highly religious person. But different instances and portions of the bible get distorted for this and that. Anyways, the media has really overplayed gays getting married but they do it in an MTV-ish way. Like it's some sort of trend and like it's the thing to do or something (not saying it's not, if your gay then thats you).
    Space For Rent.. =]

Translated with freetranslation.com (btw it's mostly dutch) (and yes, I'm too lazy to do it myself)
    On an entire other area, self put, in the spring 1990, a constitutional problem. Beginnings April tested Chamber and Senate a bill good till liberalisering of abortion. On 30 March had King Boudewijn at the first minister in writing communicated that he, the third branch of the Legislative Power, according to its conscience these sharpen wanted not to confirm., .
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Thanks Noia for the site and the translation
    here is the rest
    On ground of article 82 (now article 93) of the constitution, put the council of ministers fast that the King in the impossibility was, to govern. In that case exercises the council of ministers the constitutional power of the King out. These confirmed the abortuswet (3 April 1990) guess and announced she off. On 5 April decided the United Chambers that at the impossibility till govern an end was come, so that the King its constitutional prerogatieve again wanted to practice., .
    abortuswet = abortion law

They are pretty crappy translations however

LMAO.
    That aint proper anglais :/

Cool - Let me take a swing at the "highly religious" aspect.

Gay Marriage - It's wrong period. I will not condone or encourage the lifestyle. And this is not an issue of equality. Gay and Straight individuals currently have equal rights. Neither can marry and individual of the same sex. Both can marry individuals of the opposite sex. The rights are equal. The issue is really about morality and acceptance within the expected behaviour of our citizens.

You should read my viewpoint on this a little more in depth - You might learn something. I posted this back in March of this year

Link to the original thread: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...0&pagenumber=1
    I wasn't going to get into this discussion, but I think everyone needs to look at tha basis of the general anti-gay feelings in America. Understand that I am putting forth these thoughts in an attempt to explain the mindset, and not to inflame the issue.

I think that most of us will agree that the US judicial system was based upon the Bible, and that most of the people that claim to be religious in America are Christians. That being said, there is a story in the Bible (Old Testament) about two cities, one named Sodom and the other named Gomorrah. Now, these cities were destroyed by God, with fire and brimstone, because the cities were unrighteousness in the eyes of God, and one of the main themes in this passage is about the unrighteousness of homosexuality.

Now this destruction of two cities, because of the wickedness contained therein, is ingrained upon the mind of every Christian that has read the passage. When individuals attack the values and morals that are the basis of the Christian faith, and with the disregard of these values and morals happening to coincide with the reasons for the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, this scares the crap out of most Christians. While God is just and slow to anger, it is shown many times throughout the Bible that God can be angered, and when angered His wrath is overwhelming. Christians beleive that if you allow unrighteous acts to occur uncontested, the God's wrath may be turned upon where they live, and no one wants to see their home, friends, and community destroyed.

Another factor here is that Christians are called to help sinners understand that God does love them, but that God does not want them to live in sin. Therefore, understand that truly devout Christians will oppose gay unions, marriges, and relationships, for this very reason.

And as a side note, I do not know of any major religion where it's base philosophy and teachings condone or encourage homosexauality. In fact, all of the religions I am aware of name homosexuality as something that is anti-whatever-religion
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

Gay Marriage - It's wrong period. I will not condone or encourage the lifestyle. And this is not an issue of equality. Gay and Straight individuals currently have equal rights.
    I feel strongly with you about marriage being a 'icon' or whatever of christianity.
    Thats why i suggested the to use a different term for it.
    However you state that 'gay and straight induviduals have the same rights'.
    This is not true.
    When (as a man) you marry a woman and she dies (or vice versa) you have more rights then when you spend your life with a member of the same sex. (the issues mentioned before, buying houses and inheritance and sofort). You are not treated as an equal.
    Even though you may oppose homosexuals, you cannot deny that they are here and here to stay (in our western society), they have been around since the ancient greek (the philosophers basicaly all had a 'boyfriend').

Dont get me wrong, i think mariage is a 'holy sanctuary' and thats why I think there should be a different form for 'gay-marriage', but these people should not be denied their rights.