Resolution byt3s

Thread: Resolution byt3s

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar

Question Resolution byt3s

Okay heres my problem:

Designing my webpage I broke into a major problem:
    Designing for multiple resolutions. Of course my code works fine in my own native resolution of 1024 by 768. But then when I test it in a 800 by whatever resolution my table/iframe code blows-up totaly covering my right table. I borrowed some books on designing pages ownly to find them "bitching" about it and not helping or showing some sample code. I looked in the antionline source code but to no help. Can anyobdy help? and besides that it sux, which it does but its not there to look pretty so to speak but to help me learn.

html and css based.
    css files are elsewhere but they have nothing to do with the layout.

AO French Antique News Whore
    Too much table inside other table! Make me dizzy!

What up with the title inside the href code? Never saw that in html before!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

One possible side-solution to this would be to create a "doorway" stating that the website has been optimized for whatever resolution, and then letting people go from there.

Or if you have the time, make the webpages at two different resolutions, and give people the choice at the title page on which one they want to view.

Abs

<PS: title in the href code substitutes as an alt tag. Seems to work in IE, and not netscaoe.>
    <--! Taken -->

the title in the href code when scrolled over lists whatever you want it to say! I don't know if it works in other browsers but works IE&lt;unfortunately&gt;lol. thanks for the input

Or if you have the time, make the webpages at two different resolutions, and give people the choice at the title page on which one they want to view.
    I know that but I shouldn't have to do that. AO works on multiple resolutions just fine! JP?

Flash M0nkey
    its because your using actual pixel widths for some of your tables - webpages that work in multiple reseloutions use % for table sizes etc

v_Ln

valhallen : thanx. I'll try that tonight when I get home!