You have recieved new antipoints

Thread: You have recieved new antipoints

You have recieved new antipoints

I have noticed that when I recieve new antipoints (other than inviting my friends over to my place for a pissup) that the *you have recieved new antipoints since your last visit* thing does not change back to *you have no new antipoints* until either you log out (I never log out as i browse the board with cookies so it auto logs me in) or what seems to be a random period of time (a long time). I think what would be a good idea is when you get the *you have recieved new antipoints since your last visit* and you check your antipoint center it should then change back to *you have no new antipoints.

Just my 2 cents Otherwise I don't know without checking the antipoint center whether i keep getting antipoints or if it is the same old ones. Even after I close down my browser and come back on its still there.

Who cares about AP's ? I suggest that it says " You have new comments on one of your posts" !

btw: good idea
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

Yeah contrary to my little joke about the pissup in my post I don't care about them it is just slightly annoying to have it there saying I have new aps when I dont since i last checked

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    but it doesnt say since you last checked, it says since your last visit.... i also very rarely log out, and even when i just close the browser and then open another window and sign in again it still doesnt change....

i think its a good idea to have the link change as you 'view' your AP's and then refresh the main forum.....

NB: also does the same thing with PM's (when i close the browser..... etc as above)
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    fyrewall: didnt even know you were aussie till i saw the word 'pissup' lol
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

lol all the way from brisneyland

If you don't want the new ap notice to hang around for a while, and wish it to change back to the original message then just :

# Private Messages
    # Site Subscriptions
    # AntiPoint Center
    # Don't Show Hidden Posts
    # Mark All Forums Read <-------------------------------click on this.
    # Edit Front Page Display

Its on the front page, left side, just below the message tell ing you that you have new antipoints.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

AO French Antique News Whore
    Moxnix got it right! "Mark All Forums Read" will reset the new ap message!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Things that display "new since last visit" all rely on your lastvisit cookie. Clicking "Mark All New Forums Read" resets your lastvisit cookie, so it will clear the new AP message as well as the new PM message and anything else that uses that cookie value.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

ok thanks guys