Logging in - Vanman

Thread: Logging in - Vanman

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar

Logging in - Vanman

Everytime I return to this page there is a nick " Vandman " that is always logged in. Is this normal ? it can't be my computer because it happens @ school also. Sorry If I sound like a noob.

Thanks

To confirm I understand correctly -- there is a user "Vandman" logged in everytime you visit AO for the first time? So, you have to log that account out to log in as Cider?

That's odd...Do you know any other AO users around there? I would say it could be because your school computer is public and there happens to be another AO member there using the "remember me" cookie, but if it's happening at home too...now that's just wierd.

Uhh, wow vanman (last I checked) was from South Africa too! Maybe you two go to the same school or something, I dunno.. just logg out and everythings fine. Since it's a school, the systems probably remembered his password or he opt'ed for that to happen. No worries in either case..
    Space For Rent.. =]

Yeah Vanam is logged in everytime I go to Ao. I have to log him out. Maybe because we both from South Africa it is routed throuth the same place. But my isp @ home and the schools isp arent the same. That is quite interesting? Because we both from the same country does it filter through the same place , I don't know. In South africa we only have one company (Telkom) that gives out lines ( as in land lines) but we have several ISP's. Maybe that is the issue? What you guys think ?

Thanks
    Cider

Ummm.... Same computer in a computer lab?

[sing]It's a small world after all.[/sing]

Other than that, if it happens at home and at school, do you mean 2 seperate computers or a laptop you bring back and forth? Is this a school provided laptop that vanman used previously that might have his saved cookies that you bring from home to school?

If not-
    Call the FBI cuz we've got a mystery.

Banned
    And if you use a public computer to log in to AntiOnline, make sure after you're done to log out (not just close the browser window) and get rid of cookies... a small world indeed

[sing]It's a small world after all.[/sing]
    I was thinking that in my head when I read the post.
    Space For Rent.. =]

nope it's 2 seperate computers. I have no idead who this guy is ? it's wierd.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

*looks suspiciously*

If it's the same both places - a school friend of yours is using your computer. That or your floppy disks are haunted

update: *brainwave. Message him, see if you know each other - if not then, indeed, we do have a mystery *makes spooky voice unconvincingly*
    # Now if I ever needed inspiration,
    Right about now where I lose my patience,