Update a User Base Registry Key for all user on a machine

Thread: Update a User Base Registry Key for all user on a machine

AO French Antique News Whore

Update a User Base Registry Key for all user on a machine

Fact:

[HKEY_USERS] keep the user registry of all user who have a profile on the computer.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] keep the registry of the profile currently load. (So technially, a branch of [HKEY_USERS] )

Problem :

I need to upgrade a registry key on all the profile currently on the machine. That mean a problem that will update [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT] and all [HKEY_USERS\****] profile locally!

Solution :

???
    -Simon \"SDK\"

what about a wsh script using a for ... each loop, getting one user at time?
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    SDK:

Caca's solution might work but what might be safer is adding a login script that executes a .reg file and write a txt. file to the user folders.

The script can look for the text file in the logging in user's folders. If it isn't there execute the reg file, write the user name to a central log file and then write the txt file to the users folder to indicate that it was done and can be skipped.

Then when you have all your users listed in the log file you can remove the script.

It should work perfectly.... he says.... hopefully....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Tiger : That an Easy solution!

cacosapo : Can you find me a link about that info? I'm not use to WSH.

I know there a way to change a registry for all that for all user including default one. I use "Custom Maintenance Wizard" from Office Xp Ressource Kit to change all the setting of my user all month but doesn't seem to work for that I want now. The keys that I need to customize are in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International
    -Simon \"SDK\"

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Tiger : That an Easy solution!
    Sorry, didn't realize you were looking to do it the hard way.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

I prefer to apply a "patch" to all computer and BAMM!, it's done and I forget it about it!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Anyone?
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Antionline Herpetologist
    Write a program that builds the .reg file dynamically on login and put the program's path into hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run ? Not too hard.

Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com