Object Oriented Programming Tutorial

Thread: Object Oriented Programming Tutorial

Custom User

Object Oriented Programming Tutorial

Hi, firstly I'd like to explain that I put this post in GCC because it is not a tutorial, but is a question as to whether members feel they could benefit from a proposed tutorial.

I was thinking of writing a tutorial on object oriented programming, but obviously that subject is too large (and I don't have enough knowledge to cover it in a general fashion) so I was going to discuss a specific technique which I find quite interesting. Using objects to create list models.

I was going to do this by using the example of a high score list that I created for a game, and use java as an example language (but obviously it's not the language, but the concept that I am wishing to convey).

I just wanted to get some sort of idea if anyone here would be interested in something like that (although I would probably write the tut anyway). If I get enough response, it'll increase the likelihood of me writing it.

Thanks,
    ac

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi

Me interested

So in that tutorial you will just cover the process of creation of List Models (i am still not sure what that tearm means ) ...........and the object oriented concepts that were used in the creation of that List Model.

So we shouldn't expect a Object Oriented Programming Tutorial rather a How to create List Model Using OOP Tutorial right

So would you cover the basic OOP concepts First .........or straight away go for the List Model

--Good Luck--

Custom User
    I would attempt to cover some basic OOP concepts I think (obviously I need to think about it a bit more). But I would mainly be focusing on the example of list models (basically what I'm calling a class that holds a list and provides methods for editing the list). I would be assuming that you would get more out of it than just how to create a list using classes.

ac

Elite Hacker
    I would read it but I won't guarantee I would like it :P. Go for it.

Custom User
    lol...I will. Don't expect it for a while, though, cause I don't wanna rush it out in one night and get flamed :P

ac

Only advice i would give is to explain the concepts between classes and objects, behaviors, attributes, ect. before getting into any code or examples
    A mind full of questions has no room for answers

Custom User
    I'll give some basic oo info, but I'm not planning on making it a beginner's guide to oo. A beginner's guide, no doubt, but not on oo in general.

ac

Banned
    Umm.. cool idea, just random question.. list model? You mean an interface?

Custom User
    tbh, I don't know what the technique's called...I just know how to implement it. If, when I get round to writing the tut, it is indeed called an interface, I'll edit the tut.

Happy?

ac