Thread: Is It Time to Ditch IE?

Is It Time to Ditch IE?

This summer the Department of Homeland Security's cybersecurity wing suggested that people use a different browser to deal with Internet Explorer's continuing security flaws. Could this be the beginning of the end for Microsoft's Web browser dominance?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...pcworld/117550

If even HLS says so, maybe people will start to get rid of it, but which means more crackers will turn to Mozilla and others !...
    O.G at A.O

AO's Mr Grumpy
    This is an "off the top of the head "reply to your post.
    Being British, I am not familiar with Department of Homeland Security's cybersecurity wing
    I have not checked out your story link, and have been too busy studying over the past few years to be really up to date with industry technology
    My point is , regardless of any security flaws in IE, it will still be used, regardless, as will other browsers. Dominance in the market is another question. With the proper knowledge any browser can be as good or as bad as the user makes it. I would say they all have their pro's and cons, like o/s for example. In the end the user will dictate popularity and therefore market position. just some passing thoughts
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

I ditched IE a LONG time ago.. This is old news
    Space For Rent.. =]

er0k
    yeah no ****, IE should have been ditched as soon as they made mozilla for windows as well

BANNED
    This threads been done and done. If you didn't ditch IE after CERT or microsoft themselves said ditch it you probably wear diapers because you can't realise when you need to make a trip to the crapper.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

I agree, however, many people can't switch to Firefox/Mozilla without seriously impairing their operations...Alot of script kids made prog's/script specifically to IE...

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    This threads been done and done. If you didn't ditch IE after CERT or microsoft themselves said ditch it you probably wear diapers because you can't realise when you need to make a trip to the crapper.
    lmao

I ditched Ie also. Mozilla is alot faster and haven't had it crash, yet!

Banned
    More of the same BS... trying to use bug free applications as an approach to security is just moronic. Limit the application's power via the operating system's security policy and it doesn't matter how flawed the application is.

Until this philosophy is adopted beyond the trusted systems community, not only are we unlikely to see any increase in theoretical system security, but overall application capability development is bogged down as well. (developers divide resources between security and features)

catch

Well , one browser is the same as the next. Except for IE , of course.
    -n6