Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can anyone tell me what this is and if it is secure?

Sorry but since there are some characters on the caculator which I couldn't put in text I had to upload a jpeg. If you would like any more information please reply.

Originally posted here by Soda_Popinsky
    Is this some kind of game you are playing? Are you using something to hash "antionline"?

How did you know that antionline hashed as "21566248525351475139" with this algorithim unless someone else did it?
    Sorry to be too picky but this ain't hashing, it's encrypting. WAY different ball-games

Anyway I'll look at it and try to find something out... too bad I have no idea how the TI programming works... but heck with it, I'll just use my general programming skills to make something out of the algorithm.

qwert1515, I hope your friend isn't pulling a joke on you. It's quite possible that the other ciphertext is jibberish so you'd better be sure you can trust the other person.
    /\\

I'm thinking to reverse engineer his algor, we will need alot more hashes/equivalents to make a key/table.......sorry, I'm not much of a geek on crypto

Since I know the method used is there a "easy" way to find the key used to encrypt the second message, since it is basicly 512 number random number?

Does this method look secure?

Thanks

Qwert1515

hypronix: I don't see any mention of a key, so I figured that this is a hashing method.

I used to do pretty well with TI-83+ language in high school from study halls, but it looks foreign now.

Originally posted here by Soda_Popinsky
    hypronix: I don't see any mention of a key, so I figured that this is a hashing method.
    Yeah it could've been. But the second ciphertext is of a different length, and hashes are supposed to be of constant output.

The issue of a key is important though, if there is none we're dealing here with a static algorithm [which in my books isn't something very secure]. If there is a key I think we need more information [captured ciphertext and whatnot] before a surefire way of breaking the algorithm can be devised.
    /\\

Regal Making Handler
    basicly 512 number random number
    In the Antionline example that you give in your first post. It looks to me that each letter of Antionline is represented by two numbers. So i would think that the code could well be based on the One Time Pad method, if this is the case then the code will be very difficult to crack. As not only would you need the Key but also the text that was used to Encrypt the message.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry