antipoints part 2 ;-)
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: antipoints part 2 ;-)

antipoints part 2 ;-)

well, since i'm not able to post any reaction anymore, here's another thread.

i'm not saying i'm worried about abuse, and i actually don't care, i trust the admins will sort this out.

but what i find irritating is that "popup" at the homepage telling me "key is balance". i can give a lot of people positive antipoints, cause they post good answers. but there are only a few posts that are that bad that they deserve negative points..

this is how i see it, and i wasn't talking about tutorials or old members, i've read all the posts they've made before posting this thread, and that's why i still find it strange.....

but never mind, although it is a nice thought, most of the time antipoints doesn't mean that much, i see people with a lot of positive antipoints still starting a flame!! (see previous thread for example).

no offense to anyone, but i people will have to earn respect by the quality of their posts/tutorials, and not by some green spots under your username, or the number of posts they've made.
    Share on Google+

Banned
    From looking at your "User tends to assign" bar I would say that you shouldn't be seeing the Balance is Key message... And you're giving more negs than greenies, not the other way around
    (unless there's something wrong with your "User tends to assign" bar )

The entire Balance is Key/Pain in the Ass issue is being worked at...
    Share on Google+

It's a gas!
    AP posts have been covered sooooo many times, it really is boring.
    If you're not bothered about AP's then why whime about them?

btw: that was a rhetorical question
    Share on Google+

Try as I might, antipoints don't come my way. I think they hate my good looks and charm. Little buggers. Grrrrr
    # Now if I ever needed inspiration,
    Right about now where I lose my patience,
    Share on Google+

but never mind, although it is a nice thought, most of the time antipoints doesn't mean that much, i see people with a lot of positive antipoints still starting a flame!! (see previous thread for example).
    You'll actually notice senior members start more flames than the newbies or addicts. The reason for that is simply because we might have been around longer, and have had enough of some particular members when they start trolling again. I.E. DemonicKnight or whatever his name was.....He's a past member who got banned for being an idiot, and now he's back, again, acting like an idiot, thus pissing some members off. He started his post by calling someone a deuchebag, and to me that is unacceptable. There's plenty of people reading these post, many of which are proffesionals in their field. If they start seeing people refering to others as deuchebags for perfectly good posts....then they'll get a bad impression of the site and not come anymore...thus denying the site a member who could be very productive. Thats why I went off on him, and for him being such a big hypocrite. To make matters worse, he was greened for that. Talk about an alliance..... If another member with 5 posts under their belt had said something like that...he'd get banned within a couple hours. To me, that is unacceptable.

Peace.
    Share on Google+

Just so I know (because I don't) who is DemonicKnight, anyways?

Oh, and no offense to the orginal creator of this thread but creating it twice? Kinda dumb, IMO.
    Space For Rent.. =]
    Share on Google+

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    I thought they were going to do away with the AP system because people could unfairly give negs to people for no reason. are we still going to have it the way it is?
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted
    Share on Google+

I thought they were going to do away with the AP system because people could unfairly give negs to people for no reason. are we still going to have it the way it is?
    What gave you that Idea lol . The AP system is a major part of this website and its part of what separates AO from other security websites...I doubt they are going to get rid of the AP system. Although it gets abused sometimes, it does serve its purpose.
    Share on Google+

From looking at your "User tends to assign" bar I would say that you shouldn't be seeing the Balance is Key message... And you're giving more negs than greenies, not the other way around
    (unless there's something wrong with your "User tends to assign" bar )

The entire Balance is Key/Pain in the Ass issue is being worked at...
    well, that's the "strange part", i had given only positive AP's untill i noticed that "Balance is key" thingie. from then on i really had to search in order to give negative AP's to someone who deserves it (IMO). so now it is in balance again (although i have given exaclty the same amount of times positive and negative AP's, but it seems like the negative weigh more.

AP posts have been covered sooooo many times, it really is boring.
    If you're not bothered about AP's then why whime about them?
    maybe it is, normally i don't read threads about AP's, but this was just something i wanted to have other peoples opinion from.

You'll actually notice senior members start more flames than the newbies or addicts. The reason for that is simply because we might have been around longer, and have had enough of some particular members when they start trolling again. I.E. DemonicKnight or whatever his name was.....He's a past member who got banned for being an idiot, and now he's back, again, acting like an idiot, thus pissing some members off. He started his post by calling someone a deuchebag, and to me that is unacceptable. There's plenty of people reading these post, many of which are proffesionals in their field. If they start seeing people refering to others as deuchebags for perfectly good posts....then they'll get a bad impression of the site and not come anymore...thus denying the site a member who could be very productive. Thats why I went off on him, and for him being such a big hypocrite. To make matters worse, he was greened for that. Talk about an alliance..... If another member with 5 posts under their belt had said something like that...he'd get banned within a couple hours. To me, that is unacceptable.

Peace.
    this i understand, it wasn't something personal, perhaps i have used the wrong example (sorry for that). but i have seen it many times, and some of that times the reason isn't that obvious/correct.
    but your "flame" was the last one i've read before i started this topic (again).

Oh, and no offense to the orginal creator of this thread but creating it twice? Kinda dumb, IMO.
    no offense taken, and no offense, but don't know if you read the original thread (i presume you did), then you may have noticed that it was closed, and since i wasn't satisfied with the replies given, and i wasn't able to reply myself, i did something i wouldn't normally do, and that's to start another thread on the same subject.
    This because i believe that we (or at least most of us) are adult and responsible people, who can
    participate in a thread about something that "might" piss people off, in an intelligent manner.

as for the AP's, for this thread, i have received 3 greenies, 2 gray ones, and 1 red one, the last was without an explanation. i'm still wondering why that guy gave me the AP. ;-)

as for one final question:

how can you give someone "grey" AP's? (i presume they mean not positive and not negative)?

one final thing, i don't disagree with the AP's, i think the idea is great, i was just wondering how "save" it is. And since most of the people here are interested in how to "bend" the rules, i don't think this is a strange question/subject.
    Share on Google+

You give grey until you reach 50 positive APs. Then you are able to assign APs that actually have a value (neg or positive).
    Share on Google+