"Exim.exe" E-Mail Tracking
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Exim.exe" E-Mail Tracking

Unhappy "Exim.exe" E-Mail Tracking

Hello. I am new here and I came here because I recently had my Yahoo email and Hotmails hacked into. I know a little about computers but hacking I do not know and I HATE the people who do this. Anyhow, I found out my emails were hacked into using an email forwarding application called "exim.exe". With it also is something called "ymsgr_tray.exe". This application was put into my C:\Widows\system32 by an outside party from another country. I have tried to remove it but I can not. Can anyone tell me how to remove this and all tracing of it? And also to prevent any type pf hacking in the future? I have Zone Alarm Pro but will this secure and stop all kinds of hacking? Thank you ever so kindly.

PrincessCherokee

Hoopy Frood
    Do you have any antivirus software? If you don't, try downloading AVG Free Version from Grisoft.com, update it, and run a full system scan and see if it catches it.

Regards,
    Xierox

P.S. And "ymsgr_tray.exe" is Yahoo Messenger. Not sure about the other one, though. I'll Google it and see what I turn up.
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- S鷨en Kierkegaard

Hello thanks for replying. I have Norton Antivirus but it did not catch it. I did once recieve a strange message from Norton but it failed to "prevent" the hacking from happening. So basically you are saying to run this antivirus software and it should catch it?

Is "exim.exe" showing up in your task manager ? If it is, try ending the process and then removing the file.... it may just be in use, and thats why you can't delete it !
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

Hoopy Frood
    No, no. AVG just produces a free antivirus that's pretty good and if you didn't have any at all, I wanted you to get it and scan. But since you have Norton AV (And it IS updated, right?) you should be fine. What was the strange message you received from Norton?

Regards,
    Xierox

/edit - What makes you think "exim.exe" is the source of this attack? Where did you get your information?

-- S鷨en Kierkegaard

Well I have heard of exim.exe and as far as I know it is just a SMTP protocol for the most part. I mean it just like a mail-forwarder. I am not sure what you mean by it being hacked.

As far as ymsgr_tray.exe that is your yahoo messanger.

- Militant Eidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

Hello, yes I know it is a mail forwarder but the application was put onto my system (linked) by an outside source. While I was talking to this person on Yahoo, they somehow linked and hacked into Yahoo and put it on my computer. They had all my emails and everything. Exim is is not in my systems tray. I checked. When I did a search, it only showed up in my C:\Windows\system32 So I just want it completely removed and not to happen again, but it is not alowing me to do so. HELP!?? :-/ But again I thank you all for helping me out.

To xierox,

Hello there. Well the strange message I recived (I have the French Version) I saw in the corner it was trying to send a "message". I had never seen this before so I knew my system had been hacked into. Then I got a message something like "the message could not be sent..." with an unknown email I had never seen and the words "Perfect Key Logger" included with this phony email address. I know what the Perfect Keylogger is. I asume the person made up a phony email address and tried to have my emails forwared to him. This is my assumption. Seems like Yahoo and Hotmail are not really safe.

Hoopy Frood
    What exactly happens when you try to remove it and how are you trying to remove it? Are you just trying to delete it or are you using a program?

Xierox

-- S鷨en Kierkegaard

Well it is not listen in my "Add/remove" programs list. It is ONLY in windows\system32. so I go there and I try to delete it and it is telling me that the access is denied and make sure the appication is not in use.